• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      PUGSLEY

]So, This is my Fourth tattoo.. I’m still working at quite a slow speed so this is obviously gonna need a second session. Used Intenze and Easy Glow inks and my coil machines. Lemme know what you think. When I’M go back in, I def plan on rounding the bottom of the waves evenly. And shading direct horizontal lines on the front mast sails. Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks -Pugs

PUGSLEY

Soo, the site said the pic I tried to post was invalid. I have no clue what that means… help? Anyone…

jguzman89

upload to imageshack or photobucket, then paste the link here.

PUGSLEY
      jguzman89

the shading on the bottom sail makes the sail look rounded which is good, but the others dont have it. the front of the ship where the point sticks out looks weird to me like its not colored in or just not finished. it looks ok, if it makes you feel better ive done worse lol.

Jbeaufosho

I know this post is old and the person that posted it probably won’t even see this lol. But I had to comment cause I pop a boney for traditional shit. Its really not bad man. But study the old shit for the shading. I usually shade them from the bottom left corner. But look at the way Jerry does his ships. Hes the king of that shit. Old school seems simple but it is NOT. there’s a lot of rules. Study the masters.

Vory

@Jbeaufosho wrote:

I know this post is old and the person that posted it probably won’t even see this lol. But I had to comment cause I pop a boney for traditional shit. Its really not bad man. But study the old shit for the shading. I usually shade them from the bottom left corner. But look at the way Jerry does his ships. Hes the king of that shit. Old school seems simple but it is NOT. there’s a lot of rules. Study the masters.

^you said it brother.

where I bought my sailor jerry books:
      http://www.hardymarks.com/

There’s tons of others, I just like knowing where my money is going.

not a bad start, I love traditional too.
      apart from what has already been mentioned, the part that is really bugging me is the clouds. for the most part you got some good smooth outs, but seem to have gotten a little blotchy on the clouds.
      what happened there?

Anonymous
      Inactive

That is an very good glance which had been tackled by you i think you should get more tattoos and do well research on it for getting an new tattoo.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan