• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Buller

This weekend i tried to repair a tribal tattoo done by a real scratcher. Wobbely lines and bad colouring. Then the guy told me that when she was cleaning her equipment, she tolk it out of the dishwashing mashine…. WTF!!

Lennart82
      Participant

OMG a dishwasher????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Did you take before and after shots of that???

Buller

I have some pics on my phone from before i started, but no pics of my work yet, he needs probably 2 more sessions to repair this crap. I’ll post the pics later today.

Lennart82
      Participant

Hahah cant wait :D

Buller

http://i44.tinypic.com/2928opi.jpg
      http://i44.tinypic.com/2e1tw21.jpg
      This is what it looked like before i started.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

thats pretty bad D:
      i hate people who mess with this industry and do things just to make a buck D:
      this industry is my passion

Buller

Ya the guy paid about 450 $ for this crap and got an infection too…

Infamous
      Participant

Wow that’s bad

Buller

I didn’t want the job, but when he told me the story about her, i took the job. Some people are just in it for the money…

Lennart82
      Participant

WHAT THE HELL???? 2.500 kr for this piece of crap??????? HOLY JEBEDIAH…..
      Now that just pisses me off big time…
      (And I’m allowed to do so, since Buller and I are from the same country) :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

Lennart82
      Participant

Dont want to steal your topic here…. But.. Speaking of scratchers

I recently got invited to join this group on facebook….

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BredahlsTattooShop/#!/groups/BredahlsTattooShop/photos/

This guy is in my home town…. And charges roughly 20 bucks more than I do………….

Whats the first thing that comes into your mind when seeing people like this?

Me? I think I need to contact his former clients, and give them a better deal :P

Buller

Yup Lenn. Her kind is the reason why tattooing in Denmark when your not a pro is so badly spoken of…

Buller

Just seen the link from you lenn… What the hell is he doing….?? :shock:

Lennart82
      Participant

@Buller wrote:

Yup Lenn. Her kind is the reason why tattooing in Denmark when your not a pro is so badly spoken of…

Yub… And even to have your own shop, dosent quallify you as a Pro…. I saw a guy on facebook ranting on, that Now he got himself Pro equiptment, Caurse now he’s a Pro…. WHAT?????

@Buller wrote:

Just seen the link from you lenn… What the hell is he doing….?? :shock:

I have absolutely NO IDEA on what the heck hes doing…
      But that name on the wrist… Looks like it was painted on with a dry brush painting technique….

Buller

Pictures like those just makes me more passionent and wanting to get better and better, learn more.

Infamous
      Participant

Well someone is going to get their hand broken if they’re not careful!

Lennart82
      Participant

I dont know hahahaha. People who see stuff like this, and actually WANT them to destroy their skin… Well….. hahaha

Buller

Done people dont know better… And just want a tattoo because they want to look cool… It may look like someone barfed and steped in it but its a tattoo, or something..

memmnock
      Participant

I have a worse example Len :o

A boy from the next village contacted me on FB and asked me if i could repair his home tattoo done by someone he paid £20 for. It was a cover up of a home tattoo so there are 2 tattoo’s on his arm but how the hell do you start on this mess?

I wouldn’t know where to start and would NEVER attempt to repair this even if i was a pro :lol:

I think a session of laser surgery to lighten it then a coverup maybe could be attempted as its very dark!

As for that dishwasher cleaning that’s that bad its hilarious :lol:

Lennart82
      Participant

Omg what is that??? :lol:

I woulndt touch that with an iron poker :P

Actually I dont even think you could go with a laser treatment, the skin would be too damaged. Well, you could, but, the guy would have to be prepared for some raised and damaged skin.
      Ah damn hahaha

memmnock
      Participant

The boy hasnt a clue what it was supposed to be? The scratcher just drew it on freehand drunk i think lol ..Although its a shame for him..its his own fault for paying someone £20 to do that :(

einvalentine
      Participant

@memmnock wrote:

I have a worse example Len :o

A boy from the next village contacted me on FB and asked me if i could repair his home tattoo done by someone he paid £20 for. It was a cover up of a home tattoo so there are 2 tattoo’s on his arm but how the hell do you start on this mess?

I wouldn’t know where to start and would NEVER attempt to repair this even if i was a pro :lol:

I think a session of laser surgery to lighten it then a coverup maybe could be attempted as its very dark!

As for that dishwasher cleaning that’s that bad its hilarious :lol:

:o …………..

OH… MY… GOD…

I…. but…. this is just……. :shock: Oh forget it. There are no words. Um… good luck? LOL

Lennart82
      Participant

When I really look at it…. I think I see…. A batman and spiderman theme going on…. Nah never mind, hahaha. I think my son could do a better job then that.

And indeed its a shame, but again, hes own fault ;)

Spider
      Participant

Start with clear contact paper to get the lines of what is already there exactly as it is, then use some opaque whitening sessions, 2-3 should do it. Once you have that start looking for or coming up with designs that would fit relatively well over the existing piece, use alot of purples, dark dark blues, blacks and dark greens maybe, even black and grey The contact paper is so that you get the design exact. When doing the whitening make sure to ONLY ink over the existing black and basically dig it in (not enough to scar).
      I charge 125 per whitening session for small to mid size pieces and 200 for larger ones. The whitening will mute the blacks to a muddy greyish color making them easier to cover with either color or B/G. The KEY to cover up like this is imagination and contact paper. Seriously.
      The thing about cover-ups is the challenge. It is a skill that few possess these days and fewer are willing to learn, the thing is that if all the tattoos we did were easy then everyone would be doing this sh**.

einvalentine
      Participant

@Spider wrote:

Start with clear contact paper to get the lines of what is already there exactly as it is, then use some opaque whitening sessions, 2-3 should do it. Once you have that start looking for or coming up with designs that would fit relatively well over the existing piece, use alot of purples, dark dark blues, blacks and dark greens maybe, even black and grey The contact paper is so that you get the design exact. When doing the whitening make sure to ONLY ink over the existing black and basically dig it in (not enough to scar).
      I charge 125 per whitening session for small to mid size pieces and 200 for larger ones. The whitening will mute the blacks to a muddy greyish color making them easier to cover with either color or B/G. The KEY to cover up like this is imagination and contact paper. Seriously.
      The thing about cover-ups is the challenge. It is a skill that few possess these days and fewer are willing to learn, the thing is that if all the tattoos we did were easy then everyone would be doing this sh**.

Spider, this is great information. I’ve seen whitening done, but wasn’t quite sure of the best way to go about it. You should repost this in its own topic, if you haven’t already, in the Design Ideas/Technique topic. Thank you!

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan