• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

My best friend from grade school just found me on facebook. Now its been a long time since I last saw the dude. 15 years or so. And we started talking tattoos, and said I started doing tattoos. He was excited, and I agreed to give him a tattoo of my own design.
      Now hes a black guy, and I have never done anything on a black person before. So this area is completely new to me. I dont know if its just in my mind, but is there anything to keep in mind, when tattooing a black dude? What about colour? Would it look good? I’m actually a bit nervous since hes was my best friend, and I really want to do something special for him.
      Any advice? Or is it just all the same, no matter what the skin tone is?

Shaggy

There is a great Mario Barth video on the subject of tattooing darker skin on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or9z_WcCSUI He talks about how color reacts with light in dark skinned people and compares it to laying a piece of tinted film over your art (the tinted film representing the dark skin color). Then he goes on to discuss what colors work for various skin tones… like if their skin color is more of a warm chocolate you could use warm colors like reds.

Really an excellent video for anyone who may tattoo darker skin down the road.

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks for the info :D And for the clip. :D

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan