This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lennart82 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Lennart82 
    Participant

Hey guys
    I stumbled on something last weekend. That may be of help.
    I still practise on my portraits on practise skin and fruit (I have to master it there, before even considering doing on a real person) Well anyways, I ran out of that lovely practise skin, and my son ate the melon I had planed to use. So I couldn’t do my practise that day.
    We have a hobby drawer, with lost of equipment to do fun things for the kids. And here my daughter (she’s 1 1/2 year) came running with a coloured foam board for cutting out things and gluing them together.
    Then I got hold of it, and felt it, and an idea started to form. Well I could always try.
    And I did, and to my surprise it actually worked. I could even use my stencil stuff, and place a transfer on it.
    The ink when in good, and came of good as well.
    Here is a link for a picture of them
    http://www.best-b2b.com/Products/500/520-1/ps-foam-board_74289.html

Best part, I have ten of them left, even better, they are very cheap.
    Try it out, maybe you like it, and maybe you don’t. I will not guarantee that you will like it, but hey, I gave it a shot, and I liked it.
    You can even feel a bit of stretch

Jester 
    Participant

This guy talks about it. I’ve been curious.

Lennart82 
    Participant

Actually this is quite a good video of advice. But yeah, same deal actually. Give it a try. Just did a reasonable portrait last night on a foam board. But I’m not showing, until I am satisfied hahah, a bit of a perfectionist and not showing stuff I cant stand by a 100 percent :D

But really give it a go, you will be surprised. :D

garenlevon 

The best place for practise for you tattoo is orange. I was practised their because it is like normal human skin. So it is helpful. You can also practise on pig’s skin.

Wyki 

You know Lennart.. I have like 50 of those in my kids room aswell… she doesnt use them so I’ll give it a go.. i have a whole rainbow even light and dark skin colored :P

Lennart82 
    Participant

Now all those colours are very usefull. ;) Then you can imagine tattooing a rainbow pony :lol:

Kidding.

Those I have are some seriously wild neon colours, I tried doing a colour piece on a bright pink… DONT do that hahahaha
    But they are awesome imo at black and shade practice :D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan

Forgot your details?