This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ben.catterall 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
     ben.catterall 
    Participant

Hey all. Time for another drawing comp. because people where saying they where short on time I was thinking of putting the finish time as next Friday so you have a week and a bit.

So I was thinking of a Japanese theme this week. It’s a theme that is pretty popular and I personally like it but can’t draw it for crap. Should we pick a specific Japanese style like a Koi or Kabuki mask? Or just leave it broad?

nytemareh 
    Participant

Yep pick one thing. I am pretty pumped for this. Maybe we can 2 weeks instead of 1.

ben.catterall 
    Participant

Sweet. Let’s go for Kabuki mask. I’ve never drawn one but I want one on inside of my arm so will be practice

ben.catterall 
    Participant

Hows everyone going with their drawings? Have we got anyone interested in giving it a go this time? Dont forget we have set it for a fortnight so plenty of time to draw something up! :D

DannyBoy90 

im gunna give it a try. Ive never really tried drawing a kabuki mask. So it should be interesting what we all come up with

ben.catterall 
    Participant

Here is mine so far…. Still want to do more to it. Thinking of a few flowers and also traditional japanese shaded background…What do you all think??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benstattoos/8171410484/

And for all those out there, dont forget there is still another week left, so get drawing!! The more we get the better. :D

Cheers,
    Ben

nytemareh 
    Participant

in case i don’t get a chance to add color

ben.catterall 
    Participant

ok… here is the complete/almost complete image… was thinking of doing a bit of colour in there too, espeially on the flowrs, but dont have any colouring in pencils or water colour at the moment. might have to get some tomorrow. :D

Let me know what you think ;)

Kabuki Hannya Mask Design

B Daddy 

So many things wrong with this drawing, but I appreciate the opportunity to create on a deadline. I especially appreciate drawing something I would never do for myself. I hope you keep doing this!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/annfs2teuzntbrf/IMAG0060-1.jpg

nytemareh 
    Participant

Well do we want to decide next thing to draw, or try to get a vote on?

murai89 
    Participant

i decided to join in if you guys dont mind.
    [IMG=http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6818/imag1765.jpg][/IMG]

B Daddy 

Everyone did great can’t wait to see more.

@nytemareh wrote:

Well do we want to decide next thing to draw, or try to get a vote on?

Whatever you come up will be fine. :D

ben.catterall 
    Participant

Yeah I guess we better decide… Thanks for all your drawings. My vote is going for Murai89. Was a nice piece.

So let’s pick a winner and get another thread going for another week :)

nytemareh 
    Participant

Mural looks to have winner to me.

ben.catterall 
    Participant

Well sorry for the late reply guys. Looks like Murai89 is the winner. So Murai, pick a subject for the next contest, start a new thread and name it Art Contest Week 3 and lets get started. :D

robroy289 
    Participant

Sorry guys i didn’t get to join the last one but i will be sure to get the next.. What is the next one?? Anyone interested in doing some old school mixed with new school design??

nytemareh 
    Participant

Well it appears as though murai is not around. I am down with the old school New school thing. Also lets change the name of this to flash contest. Give it a tattooing feel.

Kingdomcome 

Any particular theme?

Jester 
    Participant

How bout “new school”?

robroy289 
    Participant

I second that!

nytemareh 
    Participant

Well then let’s do a totally open canvas. See everyone’s whacked out imagination on display. So new school whatever you want. Agreed?

Ramenuzumaki 
    Participant

so next contest we can draw whatever we want?! :O

nytemareh 
    Participant

Yeah kick out your best new school style

Ramenuzumaki 
    Participant

kewl new school on any canvas :)
    i may enter but im not the best at new school haha
    im more old school and japanese :D

culuu 

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz125/d2_luu/DSC00987_zpsa229af63.jpg
    this i not my idea thought but it’s my art. i like Japanese demon. i will post my idea when im done with it.

culuu 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2019 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan

Forgot your details?