• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      odiousfunk

I’m 43 with some artistic ability. Purchased a kit (first mistake, I know… gotta start somewhere) and the book. I have never had a tattoo. I have never seen anyone doing a tattoo (aside from videos). I have the absolute worst case scenario of experience. I read the book, I’ve done some research, I know that I should not even pick up a machine. Too late. I started my first tattoo on my forearm, just an outline of the image. While it is the epitome of scratching, I found the experience, as perhaps many do, calming.

I do not have any desire to become a professional tattoo artist, nor any misgivings that I may some day become one. I am here only to learn what I can in order to better tat myself (where I can). So, for what it’s worth, I hope not to piss anyone off, to learn what I can and provide my apologies in advance for anything idiotic that WILL follow.

For a laugh… here is my first attempt ;-)

http://www.odiousfunk.com/index.php/2012/08/those-that-cant-do-scratch/

Thanks… Hope to not be a burden.

Sabio

odiousfunk:

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder… and like my old battle body used to say: “You got Balls brother”…

Good job… Keep practicing… use some Pig skin… you can get it in the market out of “Pork shoulder”…

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

first off welcome to the forum!
      if pig skin isnt your forte you can also try honey dew melon! It’s the closest to human skin of the fruits!

also once you finish that tat maybe move to your thigh or something. when you work on your arm its hard to stretch the skin properly without help. that could be most of your issue :)
      practice on your legs, and when you go to your arms have someone–that is wearing gloves–help you stretch your skin :)

good luck, and happy inking!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan