• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi, My name is Cieran (keer-ann). I’m in my final year of high school and ever since I was thirteen, I’ve wanted to get into a tattoo career. The thing is, I’m not really sure where to begin. I’ve researched some things and I’ve got the basics like a person can basically learn on their own and buy equipment or you can find an artist and become an apprentice. I want to know what I may expect getting into tattooing. I’m going to be attending an art school next year but should I be starting all of this early? Should I be investing everything I have into tattooing? Feedback would be really great. I could use all the advice I can get, good or bad. :)

Infamous
      Participant

Hi Cieran! Welcome to the forum, I’m not sure what to tell you since I don’t know where you are coming from. I would suggest learning all you can about your local laws and regulations, here is a link to a whole mess of links that will point you in the right direction.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4038

Furthermore, from your post it sounds like you are not planing on tattooing until after you get out of art school? That’s fine, but I would look to get started as soon as you could if this is really what you want to do. Your degree will help, of course, but it is not a requirement to become a tattoo artist. No matter how good you are on paper, remember, you SUCK on flesh (At least when you are first starting) I would highly recommend preparing a portfolio and taking it into your local shops to see if you could obtain an apprenticeship with them, even if an apprenticeship is not a requirement where you live. It is a lot easier to have someone you can lean on and get hands on training from.

You have a long, difficult, and exciting journey ahead of you! Soak up as much knowledge as you can, and never stop learning! This is the best advice I could give you

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan