• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      tat2dguru

:?: Okay, now this may seem a pretty obvious question. But from what I’ve read and what I know as true in 12v systems, the rear post of a machine should be the + side and the frame is -? In the diagrams for wiring a set of coils with the capacitor the small side of the capacitor should be headed to the rear post. (this is even the way it is drawn in the tattoo basics book) But, when I look at a capacitor the arrow on the main body it is pointing the wrong way. :? Also, the caps on my Mickey Sharpz have the short end of the cap headed to the front post. :shock: WTH???? AM I MISSING SOMETHING??? HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
      I feel pretty stupid asking this, but this the first time I’ve actually re-wired my machines totally. :?:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

The short side goes to the positive and the positive should be at the rear bind post with the negative at the front bind post

tat2dguru

THANKS!!!!! That’s what I thought. Maybe that is why the guy sold me the Mickeys so cheap???? He must have wired them WRONG!!!! Maybe that is why they have run like crap??? They seemed to run okay while they are cold but after time they quit running as smooth. Bought new coils and caps to replace them and noticed they were wired wrong….. DOH!!!!! But I will have to say my new Stingray rotary machines are AWESOME!!!! Thanks again Ram. I thought I had it right but wanted to make sure….
      TG

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

no problem
      i wasnt 100% sure so i double checked in my Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo.

tat2dguru

That’s what I did as well. The part that got me was the wiring of my Mickeys…… The other thing that made me wonder was the fact that the arrow on the cap is pointing the wrong way as to the reference of the diagram in the book. I will wire it the way it shaows and the way we BOTH believe it to be. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!! Always nice to have some solid backup in theory and knowledge… :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Always happy to help dude. As a moderator its my duty

tat2dguru

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

Always happy to help dude. As a moderator its my duty

Then can you help with access to the portal?
      :?

tat2dguru

Well after talking with Jeff at http://www.renegadehba.com who makes custom coils wrote this. ” the capacitor is what completes the flow of electricity back to the rear post, so positive up top. Some people use non polar but I prefer directional polar.” So I guess maybe that is why my mickeys have them the same way as well? So I guess I’m putting in the cap the way the coil builder wants them.
      Just sayin’
      TG

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan