• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      coatl

Hi, Coatl here from the mountain west. I am an artist by trade in the traditional sense: paintings, sculpture, drawing etc… have a bachelor of fine arts degree. However I have also studied and currently practice computer animation and other forms of digital art. I have always been fascinated with tattoos and the idea of being a tattoo artist. Out of high school, about eight years ago, while pursuing a fine art degree I picked up some pretty well made equipment, in a kit of course! but nonetheless some decent stuff and tried to learn all I could on my own about proper and safe tattooing. Eikon Device was a very good resource for learning how to tune my machine. Soon I started cutting springs and tearing down my machine. I took it all very seriously, cleanliness and all… even got a stove top autoclave. I tattooed my self, my family members, and some friends along the way too. All tattoos came out pretty well, but I lost interest for awhile and also lacked self confidence. Recently though a good friend of mine really wanted a specific tattoo, so I agreed and we went through with it. I will post some pics. My interest has come back and I would really like to pursue the art further, but have not currently sought out an apprenticeship. In some ways I believe that it can be done without such an undertaking, just a steady hand and a proper education in health precautions. On the other hand there is no doubt one can learn from others past experiences and mistakes. Just searching it out right now.

do you have a copy of the book?
      have you started your apprenticeship?
      best of luck – hope we can answer your questions here

coatl

I do have a copy of the book. There is definitely some valuable information, and I have gleaned some good tips so far. When are those videos you are working on gonna be ready?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan