• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tat2dguru

I put this same thread in the who makes it who fakes it area but thought it may do better here. Sorry if the double dipping is out of line.

So, I’m thinking maybe I should replace my original coils with some new coils. I have a Mickey Sharpz micro dial liner and a dial shader. I’m wondering if I should replace them with Mickey coils or does someone have a better suggestion. I read here on another thread that the capacitor could be my issue and will most likely replace them as well with a capacitor from the shack. But, too get some freshies sounds like a good plan and use the old ones with a new capacitor on some of my old Chinese junk machines. The Chinese frames seem okay but the coils are most likely garbage. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, the issue I’m having is that the machine works fine for awhile but then slows down after it runs for a bit. One other thing I’ve been contemplating is too drill out the A-bar too lighten it for the liner. Has anyone does this with good results? I hear a lighter A-bar will speed up the machine without having to crank up the juice. Is this true?
      TG

One other thing I’m a little confused about is, when I went to the tattoo academy we were taught that 8 wrap coils were for lining and 10 wraps were for shading. Both of which were set up with 45 caps. After doing some research trying too find some good coils, I’m finding that there are all sorts of 8 wraps and very few 10 wrap coils. But what I’m seeing is that they are changing the caps from 27’s (for lining) and 45’s (for shading) Is this the new mind set? Some of the artists I know that have been around for awhile say they did this type of thing back in the 90’s but found the larger caps just over heated the machines. Can anyone shed some light on this and suggest some quality coil setups. Or should I just replace my Mickey coils with Mickey coils?
      Thanks again!!!!

angie

here is my opinion :) i would go with the micky as they are the exact right size..no cheaming or what so ever… ive bouth a use machine and wen i got it it wasnt working…the coils where really bad shape and i tried replacing them with some others coils i had and god it wasnt near to fit ….
      so now im waiting to get money to buy original coils :)

just my thought!

tat2dguru

So I got turned onto Renegade HBA and Jeff there makes his coils by hand. They are custom coils hand wound and built as per your spec’s. These coils are looking sweet. I’ll keep you posted as too their performance.

Jbeaufosho

If it ain’t broke don’t fuckin fix it. People have used 27 caps for liners and 45-50ish caps for shaders for ever. Everyone is always trying to discover the next new cool kid modification they can make o the set up. Stick with what’s proven. As far as the coils whoever told you you need 8wraps on your liners is wrong. I had some and I hated them. I use 10s on all my machines. As far as the slowing down it could have been a wiring issue with your old coils. If you pinch a wire you can have similar problems to what you’re describing. You’d know of your cap was shot. Your machine would be pissing sparks at the contact point. But sounds like you already remedied that. How are the new coils?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan