• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jester Ink
      Participant

been recently tossing the idea around bout coloring flames. first part doesn’t sound too difficult, it’s just how to do it? do you start in layers, light to dark, kinda fading them into the next color? been messing around with Photoshop makin tattoo ideas too, coloring and whatnot, got a few i’d like to give a go, it’s just the flames that have me confused. And also, what size needle? i have 5 and 7 rls, and a few 5 mags, hopefully it’s possiable.

robroy289
      Participant

It all just depends on how you want them!! I’d use 5rl,or maybe even a 3rlfor the lining, i use 7rl on all my lining except for real detailed work and prob. 7mag or 9mag and a 5flat for blending.. But i use those two on just about everything along with 13mags.. Are you gonna do the flames with black outline or color? I myself love a good outline one just about everything that need to be done so ..I would start in the center with my lightest color and then the dark and then blend them in.. That’s just me, someone else prob. has a better technique. I hope this helps… :P

Jester Ink
      Participant

actually that helped alot. my main problem is only being 106lbs doesn’t leave much areas to tat and not hit bone. my left forearm is pretty much covered and left leg, tried above the knee tat…in all honesty, i’d rather be hit in the groin with a steel toed boot. i give major props to people who have tats there now. so many tat ideas, so little skin to self tat (that i can reach).

the flame coloring idea, from my thoughts..it’d be like starting with a yellow, colored up so far, blend to orange then to red for tips, i don’t know honestly. might have to do just the lining for now and have a pro to finish. pretty much my idea is eventually having my self tats touched up/colored/blend into a sleeve, i post those combined pics later.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan