• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      CharlieG

Hey everyone, I just recently decided to learn how to tattoo. I’m quite confused where to begin though. I would like to get an apprenticeship but I’m currently only 17, so ill wait on that for another year. In the mean time I would like to self teach. So heres my questions, I’m not sure what machine to start out with (I want a quality machine even tho I’m a begginer). I love drawing in just black and white so I would like to make that my focus(for rite now) in tattooing, so I would like a machine that works best in that style. I’m also concerned about wheight and size since I’m a small kid and have small hands. I have about $400 to spend on supplies (I’m hoping that’s enough for now). Any suggestions would b much appreciated. Also what other supplies would I need to get started? I’m already researching my ass off to get the most educated as possible.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

you can pretty much go on any tattoo supply website and purchase kits, or just the things you want. however i disapprove of this, and suggest you take $50-$60 of that money and take a BBP class (not online). learn everything there is know about BBP CC issues before proceeding.

CharlieG

Thanks for the response. Could u explain further on what BBP CC is? I Googled it and it seems that not tattoo related subjects are the only things that come up. I wasn’t planning on buying a kit to start as I wanted to make my items a bit more custom to my needs.

Jester
      Participant

BBP = Blood Borne Pathogens
      CC = Cross Contamination

Definately buy “the book”, you won’t regret it.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

you have alot to learn before you touch a machine. post some of your drawings so we can see what you have artistically. you need to be safe about this. its no joke. you can screw someones life up really bad. did you know that in most states, if you tattoo someone and give them AIDS from not taking the right precautions and being clean that you can be tried for MURDER. your young bro….play it safe, or dont play at all.

CharlieG

Thanks for the advice ill b looking into it imediatly. I don’t plan on tattooing a person in a long time though, I was hoping I could practice on fake skin. I’ll post my drawings as soon as I can.

CharlieG

[attachment=0:1bm54c1n]rps20120216_162312.jpg[/attachment:1bm54c1n]

CharlieG

Herr some of my drawings. Some are from 2 years ago so its not all my best work.

CharlieG

CharlieG

CharlieG

Jester
      Participant

Nice!! I love the mushroom, but the cross is definately my favorite.

CharlieG

Thanks man. The cross is the oldest, I’ve gotten better at shading since then.

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

good stuff man….you definitely have the artistic ability….good luck

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan