• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Bathory

I’m still improving my drawing and I know there are certain things that you need to have down pat in tattooing, such as human anatomy.
      But, what other things would be useful to have down to a science when working in the buisness?

Best advice I can give to someone starting out is how to rapidly get a concept on paper – show to a client, sell it, and then refine it in a way that can be tattooed in a specific period of time.

Don’t get caught up on drawing people, or animals, or really good abdominal muscles…
      focus more on working from multiple references – and the big picture of the design – the layout – and the flow.

Bathory

Thanks!

LauraP

Try to attend seminar and conventions about tattoo to learn more ideas. :D

NAK

I think also if you are just getting into the groove for drawing. Many artist draw from inspiration. I know that for years I looked into redrawing others art and then I will take and add my own twist to it. Just purely for a educational perspective. I would never copyright anothers work without permission, as best as I can legally.

But I have had multiple art courses and such and no matter what it still cant beat practicing and etc.

Heck! I still have a hard time with shading and color… Even after taking color and design classes I have a hard time….

but yeah.. just draw and keep drawing. I try to keep a sketchbook or something with me @ all times and just doodle.

JJ 03

hey man names jj…….. im in the same boat 2 weeks in and i cant get it right eather….. the advise is the same …..just draw …….. the only rule that my shop is that i cant use any reffs and i tell ya i draw a blank at times …….and get parra cause ithink ………. what style ……..but at the moment its size? the ideas flow but what to do thats “tattooable “
      some times i nealy poo my pants at the stress………..i use a3 paper …….in 2 weeks im half way through athe dam thing
      ………. HELP……….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan