• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      sik304s

Has anyone had any experience with any of the copy cat power supplies on ebay. Been looking at the critical clone or the eikon clone any info that can help me decide would be great.

Thanks in advance

The Eikon clones are worth about $30.00 – they seem to work okay… have messed around with them a bit – but nothing extensive.
      I would check out Pulse Tattoo – best power supply I have used.
      http://www.Tattoo-Apprentice.com

sik304s

The black box on their website now?

xDreamerx
      Participant

I’ve used several of the cheap ones there. The only problem with them that I found was that you had to use a higher voltage on them to get the push you needed, but aside from that…they are just a light weight box prolly due to no heat sink internally helping and the bottom grips are hard plastic so they tend to slide more. I also used the CYCLONE 360 which has worked pretty solid since.

Eikon and Pulse are HIGHLY recommended

we ran a knock off eikon next to a real one – gave same readings and ran same voltage – but the knock off fell apart. like the knob – the feet and the sticker that was also the power button… cheap… stick with the REAL thing – and support the companies that invested their time in inventing the shit. I like pulse though

BKLZ

the cx-3 is really nicely built and will save voltage for 4 machines. They are about 130 bucks, but I can get them for 45 plus shipping so I know they are out there cheaper. I can direct you to someone if you want but want to avoid plugging anyone. I saw american companies selling them for up to 175. Really sturdy, much better than I expected. Mine included a footswitch(which I replaced with one of the little flat ones) mounts and sweet magnetic feet. I was impressed. It might be nicer to use knobs, but the buttons are really tough and seem like they will hold up- almost too tough. I havent tested the voltage against anything but seems right- 110-220v too, which is good for me. I wouldnt waste 400 percent more money on an eikon- although it would be nice to have something that I can have at least 2 machines plugged into at once. And I would prefer knobs.

D-Man

In regards to the copy-cats:I think that the most confusing is that while they look all the same, there are a few different manufacturers for the same looking device.
      A good example are the Cyclone 360 copies. I know of at least three genuine factories who make the knock offs and a handful of others who claim they are the manufacturer, but they just end up being some form of reseller.
      The danger in getting stuff from “resellers” is everytime you order you might get different versions.

On the other hand you have the original Hurrican (created in China) and then knocked off by so many others.

One thing to keep in mind is the cheaper you get the item, the cheaper the quality. Having said that .. you might fork out more and still get the cheap s**t.

When looking at eBay you have to look at who is selling the items. Often you will find sellers who sell hundreds of the same item per month (just look at the “Tattoo Kits”) only to disappear once they have sold their container load.
      Others stick around for longer. You can identify the more serious one by what else they have to offer and get an idea on how they understand the industry. The “quick sellers” often don’t even know what they are selling.
      The more commited ones will have spend time research their sources and have established a relationship.

I do agree that you will want to support the companies who invented the original, Eikon is a good example. But often the buyer is faced with the problem that equipment only gets sold if you flash your association card or certificate or some other proof that you are a professional.

When companies move their factory’s to china they legally have to hand over exact blueprints of every device they make china just uses cheaper materials

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan