• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      TexasPT

When I was 17 (22 years ago) I did this ball and chain tattoo on my leg. Every single line had multiple blowouts, most of the ink fell out during healing, many lines had big gaps in them. It was done with a single needle machine ordered from the back of easyrider and I am pretty sure it was india ink.

Today I decided to try and fix it up a bit. Keep in mind I had a lot of ugly to try and hide. It looks much better. Unfortunately I’m a dumb a$$ and didn’t take a “before” picture. I missed the junction at one corner and “x”‘d it. I will need to rework the circle…flattened the top a bit. I am more concerned about seeing how it heals. I don’t feel like I overworked anything. Lining was a 9r and I used a 7 mag for color and shading. I used blue in the links with a little shading to cover up the old links.

I have a long way to go but felt like real skin would be better to gauge my progress then doing number six on a practice skin.

And all metal is getting autoclaved, barriers used on machine, cord, and power supply, gloves worn, etc. All tips from the book on working clean followed.

Mark

Jose
      Participant

Lol. I should had done one of those on my foot.

Blake

Doesn’t look that bad, nice fix.

xDreamerx
      Participant

yes before and after pix are good to help promote your work. This one seeing you had the chance to fix it up, I would of gotten the 8-ball more circular and more shadow shading on the chain links. Also what color of ink is that? Navy blue or dark blue? Also if your gonna hit the links with white, then you might as well as peg the 8-ball too. I like the concept of it being an 8-ball on the ankle lol

That looks sooo painful though, I know how sensitive that area so I give you credit for hitting that spot man lol

TexasPT

Thanks for the input. Making the circle and actual circle was at the top of the “to-do” list. I used a blue called “moonlight blue” from the kit I have. It is hard to tell in the initial picture but I shaded under and put the blue over…now that is mostly healed I think it has more of a gun-steel color to it.

I’m not unhappy with my first shot. It healed with very little scabbing. It gives me lots to work on and I get to do the tattoo again to fix and refine some things. More than anything I need to slow down and really get color into the skin. You can tell on this “healed” picture I just didn’t get it in there. The 8 ball will look much better after a little re-working. Just a big learning process.

xDreamerx
      Participant

Me personally….would leave this one alone, only cause I know how sensitive I am on my lower legs lol So I havent put anything down there in a long time. lol

TexasPT

I hear ya…haven’t found a spot yet that doesn’t hurt at least a little bit.

Atchitol

Brutal spoT. Looks good tho.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan