• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      LaceyDeeDee

Hello eberybody… I had a group of friends team up on me for my birthday last week and tell me that “I WILL be learning to tattoo.” They gave me $200 to get me started, so I ordered some cheap gear and practice skins. I’m currently doing my homework cause this tattoo gun isn’t exactly a pencil. lmao. Any advice on adapting to the new tools?

I could use links to tutorials, video demonstrations, and diagrams of the types of marks that the different needles make… stuff like that. I’m searching, but would love to know what more experienced artists refer to when they choose to “brush up” or learn a new trick… Help a girl out k?

I have some outline tattoo’s but they are small amateur and I don’t have any color.

(PS. save me the lecture on needing a license to tattoo… I’m aware and have no intention of tattooing anyone until I’m legal… but there’s nothing wrong with practicing at home before seeking an apprenticeship right?)

Thank you all for this forum! I’ve found a few but only joined this one!

LaceyDeeDee

How accurate are the fake skins?

Jester
      Participant

Welcome! Fake skins suck! I use Honey Dew Melons.

LaceyDeeDee

Thank you! I’ll have to try that out when I run out of skins… :)

NDM1973
      Participant

@Jester wrote:

Welcome! Fake skins suck! I use Honey Dew Melons.

Always good info.

What you can’t do on melons is the 3-point stretch that is so vital when it comes to getting ink into human skin.

Jester
      Participant

Yeah, you can’t stretch them.
      What I like about them is that if you
      overwork them, it causes damage just
      like real skin. Also, it helps get you
      use to a curved surface.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

My recommendation is Honeydew Melons. They are in my opinion the best alternative to human skin. Practice skin is also very difficult to stretch, and doesnt resemble tattooing human skin at all. Honeydew Melon has the closest resemblance to human skin in the fruit world. It’s very good to practice with.

WElcome to the forum. Hope to see you active, and see some of your work :)

As far as tutorials pick up C.R. Jordan’s “Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo” from http://www.tattoobooksonline.com. It has all the information youll need. :)

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan