• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Asfxe8

I am on the verge of buying a bunch of things to help me get into the industry.I want to purchase practice skins but my tattooer said it is nothing like real skin!He suggested fruit but I’d rather hear a few more opinions from anyone who has tried either.

jayboogink

See if you can get some pig skins from a butcher. Just use them fast cause they get nasty after a bit.

Asfxe8

Again,thanks !

LauraP

You can use pigskin or there are tattoo practice skin available online. You can check it in some shopping sites like Amazon. Oranges, hard boiled eggs, melon, pig ears are all great things to try.

Asfxe8

Thanks! And If I get pig skins,do you think it would hurt if I stuck them in the freezer if I don’t use them right away? Seeing that they would start rotting. If anyone tried this let me know.

Tarantula

I keep my pigskins in the freezer, just give them a rinse in hot water when youre ready to use em.

@Asfxe8 wrote:

I am on the verge of buying a bunch of things to help me get into the industry.I want to purchase practice skins but my tattooer said it is nothing like real skin!He suggested fruit but I’d rather hear a few more opinions from anyone who has tried either.

I’ve not used the rubber practice skins, as I’ve heard that they are much harder to tattoo. I have used a grapefruit, but found that it was much softer than Human skin (my first tattoos were on Human skin, so using the grapefruit for a chuckle was actually a ‘backward step’ and I’d never do it again) As I said in another thread, practice skin is the skin between your knee and hip ;)

Viper65

#test#

Viper65

Raven…..one of my first tattoos. Done with the Hildebrandt Tattoo Kit….I think it turned out pretty darn good! :mrgreen:

Viper65

OK……………………….
      this one is done a bit different and was 100% experimental. For outlining I had the needle out of the tube pretty darn far, I actually liked the technique as i could see exactly where the needle was at all times and “Felt” like i could control the depth much better (ive yet to try this one a person). For the shading I set up the shader to hit softer and slowed my roll in practicing it. Everything but the skull is freehand by the way… :mrgreen:

TexasPT

Looking good Viper.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan