• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      LittleQueen
      Participant

i’ve been working on some simple pieces but i seem to be having trouble getting the white to actually stay where i put it and not just wipe out…any suggestions on how i can make this work?

Johnny

Try running your highlights in with your liner. This works well for small highlights. Just don’t stay in one area too long.

ckurilla

Would you recommend using a rl or rs needle for this? having the same problems putting white in on a piece im doing,looks good afterwards , but during the healing process or 2 days after turns pink (like a scar) and the white is gone, need white for some strand of hair on this piece , it’s location is the back of hand and wrist area if it matters! also should I go heavier on the white ie. dip my needle for every strand of hair tattooed?

ckurilla

I ran my white in with my liner, worked great! Thanks

ic3qu33n

I dont really think this helps to your question. But using a plastic tip or fresh tip can help keep the white more pure into the highlight you are trying… and I always use a liner needle with my white… Its the best way Ive found to get it to stick.

White tends to be a high maintance color compared to other colors too. Sometimes I ask the client to come back for a second session so I can I apply it twice.

ckurilla

I use new tubes and needles every time, even if im just working on myself. How do you color white in large areas? Use a mag in a liner machine? Btw thanks for the info, liners seem to work well when using white

ckurilla

been having issues packing ink, liner is good but color packer hasnt been packing right, last night i added another washer to the front spring to tighten up the o ring, and rolled my spring will try today or tomorrow to see if its packing, machine sounds better

ckurilla

Machine is packing great now, although I do have a question if anyone can help I’d appreciate it. I noticed when holding the machine at a 45 degree angle it seems to pack ink better, I’ve seen many tattoo artists use their machines like they are using a pencil, why is it that when I do this the ink seems to not want to stick?

nytemareh
      Participant

you should be at a 45 when packing and shading. lining you should be 85-90.

ckurilla

Thanks, I think that’s what I was missing, machines are running good, so I kinda figured it was my technique, will see how they heal, Fyi practicing on myself for now.

FrancoLewis

I have been looking for answer to that also.

LittleQueen
      Participant

Thanks for all the advice. Seems to be staying better now. :)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Such type of ink makes the look even more cool and very nice too.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan