• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone, my name is Hannah, im just about to be 21, and im beginning my tattoo journey. i live in a small town, were there arnt that many tattoo shops. iv been trying to save money to go to a school or an apprenticeship for the last 2 1/2 years, but haven’t been able to make really any progress. so im going to do my best to do as much research as possible and learn as much as i can, and then pick up a needle and go. i know some of your thoughts “scratcher” but if thats what u think then urban dictionary the term. i have friends who will allow me to do small tattoos at first and work my way up. im joining because id love to get as much info as possible, so if you have any tips id love to have them. i need them. i love tattoos, everything about them, and i cant keep working at places like mcdonalds and expect to be able to afford to work my way threw it.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

welcome :D

thx, iv looked around a bit before joining and i remember you, u give good advise. :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

thank you. I have a bit of experience in the industry, and want nothing more than to share my knowledge, and help the industry i love grow! :3

Lennart82
      Participant

Welcome to the forum.

You will more or less never hear the word Scratcher from the more active members. Since your here, shows that you want to learn. Just your place to take it all in :D

Infamous
      Participant

Calling someone a scratcher is much the same as calling someone the N word to me. Especially offensive when the individual is actively pursuing knowledge of doing things the right way.

Welcome aboard!

thank you guys, i hope once i get out there for real, the view on that word is similar to all you your views

tat2dguru

I’m sure not ALL but MOST started as scratchers as some call it. Seems a bit hypocritical if you ask me that someone that started as a “scratcher” would talk crap about others that are coming up the same way. The guys and gals around here know that is pretty much the way we all started. We are all here to see the industry grow a better reputation in the eyes of the masses. If sharing sound advice is what it takes sound advice is what is given. All I can really advise is to stay open minded and be willing to learn. MANY here are a wealth of information. Have fun and enjoy!!! :D
      TG

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan