• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

okay so here is my issue,about an hour into my tattoo my thumb starts to get numb and and tingle. it takes a good day or so to stop! i think its my grip or the way im holding the machine but i have to figure this out cause its crazy aggrivating. if you give me some direction on this would be great.

giliegil

haha – i love that feeling – :lol: – the more you do them the less you feel it – at least for me that’s how it is – if i go a while without doin a tattoo – i feel that – but then after a couple of tattoos in a row (spread throughout a couple of dayz) i dont get it anymore :) 8-)

well its good to know at least now im not the only one. its been 4 days now and the damn thing is still numb. im ordering a fatter grip and a gel cover to see if that helps. but i wont let it slow me, as long as it doesnt turn black and fall off :lol:

robroy289
      Participant

My friggn fingers where i strech the skin lock straight up sometimes when doing big tat’s. Soo anoying!!Lol! Got me one of those grip excercise type deals that help out alot.. :D

havent had that happen yet but i think my finger is going to be permently numb. i ordered some grip covers but til i get them in ive been using gause wrapped around my grip just so i have alil give in it. seemed to help but i will just see how the new grips work out

if you ball your fist, hold your arm straight out then rotate your wrist. If that really hurts then you need to see a doctor. On the maintenance side you should buy a wrist strengthening tool like a squeeze ball or vise. I draw a lot and do two things, first thing is every 5 minutes i look up from my art and look 5 feet away at something for 5 seconds then I stretch my grip on both hands and shoulders. Also make sure you are drinking water and stretching normally.

Try not to squeeze so tight – use 1″ grips when you tattoo.. get rubber grips –
      relax!

robroy289
      Participant

I Switched to 1″grips and i don’t have that problem as often anymore.. Thank you guys for all the input and help..

I also switched to 1″ grips and found that, along with hand stretches and trying to loosen my grip a bit, cured that issue. Relaxing was a big part of most of my issues tattooing.

Spider
      Participant

Knew a guy that wrapped a paper towel folded to fit the tube (4 folds works) and taped together. Looked like it gave him a nice cushion. Have you given the fish grips a shot?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan