• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      cjmahone66

set of headphones i finished today (inside his calf). i originally used a 7RL (about 2 months ago), but the lines just didn’t look bold enoguh for me. reworked it today with an 8RL and a 7mag, i like it better now.
      it is not a perfect circle, but the angle in the pic makes it look more off than it really is. it’s pretty straight when he’s standing upright.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417170_373674989325222_100000481710509_1473796_2069277072_n.jpg

very bright. great job.

Atchitol

I really like your colors cj what brand of ink are you using?

boot3rs
      Participant

like the color shading, explain how u did please

cjmahone66

@Atchitol wrote:

I really like your colors cj what brand of ink are you using?

this tattoo happened in the midst of me changing color brands.
      purple and blue are Prizm, but they are hard to work with. not using Prizm anymore.
      the yellow is Intenze. I REALLY like the Intenze inks, they seem to fill in easier and hold solid.
      orange is my mix of Intenze yellow and bright red. in the darker areas, i used a dab of Prizm brown to get that burnt orange look.
      the black is Intenze true black.

cjmahone66

@boot3rs wrote:

like the color shading, explain how u did please

i use water.
      example: for the fade from blue to purple, i started with the blue and filled in the fully blue side. then i rinse my needle clean and start to fill in the purple side. as i get closer to the center where the colors fade together, i am constantly dipping back and forth between the two colors WITHOUT CLEANING MY NEEDLES. as i do this, i also dip into a clean water cup to literally mix the inks while on the skin surface.
      it’s really a simple process, but just hard to explain in words. if you do any acrylic painting with brushes, i do it the same way. just mixing little by little as i go.
      also, i used to use round shaders, but have found this fading process much easier with mags.

boot3rs
      Participant

Thanks for the info

jtdaltonsr

looks great, but reminds me of a cheeseburger for some reason….MAN im hungry!!

leopardprints67
      Participant

Nice. I dislike Prism inks myself. I never use them. Intenze, Kuri Sumi and the occasional Starbrite are all I use.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan