• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      dooster1

Hi, I am a 41 year old guy that has been on the receiving end of tattoo needles for some time. Now I am going to try my skills out on the other end, the giving end. I am a bit rusty on my drawing skills, but I have started practicing again and hopefully soon will get back into the swing of things. I have a mentor who has accepted me as an apprentice. I am very happy about this. I know that I will not be applying ink to anyone soon, but in time as I continue to learn and watch I will most definately develop the skills needed to become a successful artist in the field of tattooing. I have already purchased the book and find the reading very useful and informative.

I got my first tattoo in Frankfurt, Germany back in 1987 by Alf Diamond. I was hooked! I went back and got two more from him soon after. I later got two more from Master Dave in Killeen, TX. Then I started a full back piece with an artist out of Harker Heights, TX. I later added pieces to my back from a couple of fellow artist from my hometown in Northeast Texas. The back piece is definately a work in progress. Being all black work now, I fully intend on getting it colored real soon. My mentor cannot wait to start to work on it.

A little about myself, as I said earlier, I am 41 years old. I am originally from Texas but now live in Southern California in Buena Park. I have lived here now going on three years. I am engaged to a wonderful lady who is my best friend and the love of my life! I am an armed security guard for Pinkerton Government Services and currently work at the Boeing facility in Long Beach, CA. I am a Master Mason and a dual member of the local Masonic Lodge here and at the Lodge back in my hometown in Texas. I am a member of The American Legion, as I am a veteran of the Gulf War. I have several so called hobbies. I am a CPI (Certified Paranormal Investigator) and in the works of building a new team here. I love to ride motorcycles and currently own a 2007 Yamaha Road Star that is fully dressed out. I love baseball and I am a huge fan of the Angels. I like car shows, hot rods, fishing, boating, camping, and hanging out with my family and friends.

I look forward to the things to come, both on this site and in my personal endeavours as well. Here is a quote I try to follow, the author of this quote is unknown to me, but it goes like this:

Vision – Vision is not seeing things as they currently are, but seeing them as they will be.

Happy Inking Everyone,

Jeff

BigDaddyGA

Welcome to the site Jeff, I apprenticed under Alf in Frankfurt back in the early 90’s. I was stationed in Hanau and met Alf when he did a couple pieces on me and some friends. I then worked in Killeen when I was stationed at Fort Hood in 96. Glad to hear you are picking up the needle and as someone who has shared the same paths, please feel free to give me a holler if you need any help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan