• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Manbear

Hello All

Here’s my story

36…always loved tattoo art. don’t have any myself (go ahead, start the yelling)

anyways, I know someone who has been tattooing for some time. He is in some tough times, and to help, I have been trying to help get his name out. I been taking his sketches, and coloring them, and adding to them, trying to make them really “pop”

also, with my PC knowledge, I am able to use photoshop to help make stencils for him.

Well, he feels I have what it takes to be an artist. I was kind of shocked, but happy to hear it, because I have always been interested in the art and wanted to get into it.

He wants to apprentice me, and get me going.

Here’s my concerns. Ask me to draw something, anything that you might want/see as a tattoo, and I am doomed. I never really was a great sketch artist. Now, if i have a outline, either in pencil, or photoshop, I can do some nice airbrushing to really make it look nice. Or I can crate something in Photoshop and create a stencil from it.

I really want to succeed. What advice can you give to help a guy hone his skills?

Infamous
      Participant

Its never too late to start drawing, I highly suggest you try to find some random images you like and try to copy them. Don’t trace them just try to recreate the image as good as you can from looking at it, eventually you’ll be able to draw from a mental image. I promise.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Lennart82
      Participant

YOU GET THE H..L OF THIS SITE MAN…. NO TATTOOS….. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???? EVEN WRITING IT HERE… ARE YOU MAD????

I am of cause kidding ;)

Welcome to the forum. A great place to learn stuff :D

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan