• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      wiccaninker

Hello im a new inker.my first tattoo was done with a guitar string.from that first piece i have been hooked.i am getting into inking because it is to expensive to pay for them.

Lennart82
      Participant

Greetings

And welcome to the forum.

Well yes, they can be a bit expensive ;) Just praise your luck that you dont have to get one in my country ;)

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome, Yes it’s is cheaper to tattoo yourself in a sense but, if you don’t do it right you are gonna pay even more to get it covered up!!! I urge you not to get into tattooing just based on that reason.. Get into it because you love art and the art of tattooing in its self!! I am not saying you are wrong i just hope you are an artist who loves to drawl as-well..

Infamous
      Participant

I’m going to have to agree with Rob. And I hate to discourage anyone! But, this needs to be your passion in life if you’re wanting to get into it.

Also, I sincerely hope you aren’t planning on using guitar strings in your tattooing. That is a huge no no. Needles are cheap enough, use them.

Otherwise, welcome to the forum.

I feel like I need some more info about you before I get to judgy

Lennart82
      Participant

And some show of your skills too. What have you done thus far?

wiccaninker

Ok.im 34yrs old.i picked up a hilbrandt tattoo gun.i haven’t done anything other than to open the box and catalog the contents

Infamous
      Participant

Ah well that is a relief for me!

Get yourself some practice skins and show us what you can do :)

wiccaninker

I live on a very limited budget.i have to get items a little At a time.i will be getting oranges and a melon or two come the first of the month

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

i suggest honeydew melons they are much closer to human skin than any other fruit
      also stick to hildbrant their prices are awesome

wiccaninker

Yes they are.i got there under 20 dollar kit.its nice.gonna have to wait a while to get a machine for shading

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the hildbrant brand machines are their best ones. i use only hildbrant machines :3

xDreamerx
      Participant

@wiccaninker wrote:

Hello im a new inker.my first tattoo was done with a guitar string.from that first piece i have been hooked.i am getting into inking because it is to expensive to pay for them.

brought back memories, I spent 6 yrs with metal string before I went electric. Glad to see the cross over, but agree with the others you MUST make this your passion or career…lifestyle. Or you may get some feedback that isnt the best. I encourage study, study, study and get your blood borne pathogen cert study the medical side of this art form.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan