• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      sryman

i did this tattoo and color fell out … i know i did something wrong and i just want to know how i can fix it ….any advise other than go get a apprenticeship would be helpful

when finished !

and the horrible after math

now this isnt some random person its my buddy so hes ok with it but im going to fix it i just would like advise

haha.
      first of all – you SHOULD apprentice.
      Do you have a copy of the book?
      You cant just ask “how do i tattoo?”
      and get a 1 sentence magical fix answer.
      You need time and dedication.
      At least it was your friend you messed up.
      Everyone has done a tattoo they were not proud of when starting out.
      Put your tattoo machines down. Read the book Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo.
      Go to locak tattoo studio –
      Get tons of tattoos on your arms and legs – where you can see the process… then work on your art.
      then request an apprenticeship.
      This website does not offer quick fix it answers.
      You are goign to get better – but only w/ 1 on 1 guidance.
      Best of luck.

sryman

thank you , i appreciate it . at least you arnt a dick about it
      i did do a apprentice ship the guy who taught me was cool and a professional (owned a shop) but i ended up leaving his ass cause turns out he was a paranoid coke head . but he was a good artist /

xDreamerx
      Participant

Good to see you asking for help on a situation like this. Brave soul. I’m a part of other forums where they rip people apart regardless of their art…..well I should say “former” member cause of it. I like to enspire others and let them know that they will get better the more they learn.
      I agree that those that care to learn or divulge themselves into it should apprentice. I didnt go that route myself. But it never hurts to ask around for help especially on a site like this where they dont dissect everything you do and then tear it down without positive feedback.

As for fixing this piece. You would have to let it heal for a bit. And then know how to color properly. try packing colors in with a mag ya know. But you need to learn better coloring techniques first sir.

I officially love this forum. Never have I seen such calm responses to problems literally everyone has when starting out. So when I post my first stabs at human inking (i’m just starting on fake skins and oranges/grapefruits), I hope to also receive such helpful advise. Thank you good older sibling of the tattoo world, one day we beginners hope to repay you by making outstanding art…one day.

xDreamerx
      Participant

I agree. As for inking…..this is a never ending learning journey. I look forward to every piece I do. And will share them more and more here……once I build up my confidence that is lol

Nightliner
      Participant

Do you use vaseline or a&d ointment when tattooing? It helps the ink bead up, and gives you cleaner wipes that dont hurt as much. Make sure the skin is really tight, thats important; when the skin is tight you will “feel” your needle popping into the skin. Take your time, and whether you do small circles, or brush type strokes, or a combination of both you need to do small sections, make sure they are solid then move on, and dip a lot-keep your machine inked up, don’t try to make the ink ‘stretch ou”. try Tattooing at a slight angle if you’re not already. Well, hope that helps some.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan