• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      gregtatts
      Participant

i say confused as im not shore im supposed to be in ur forum as im not an apprentice im what i think is known as a scratcher as the only friend in tattoo i had died not lond ago he was teaching me wright from wrong with tattooing but never got round to helping me setting my machines .wich im still sorting before each tattoo. i only do friends n family i dont charge im not a bussiness i just enjoy the art i create n the hapiness it brings them i am struggling and would appreciate help if i am worthy lol cheerz

Jester
      Participant

Welcome, you’re in the right place.

gregtatts
      Participant

hi jester n thankz now i no im in right place ill have a look round the forum tonight cheerz

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome! Stick around and we will help you out..

gregtatts
      Participant

cheerz robroy would u like to see my work so far even though i am basicly self tought

robroy289
      Participant

Let me see what you are working with..

gregtatts
      Participant

hi yh np its a puma frame with new 10 wrap coils and this is how ive put it back together lol but not tested

IMHO. a scratcher has no artistic talent, has no hygiene standards, and puts out poor quality tattoos. A scratcher could work from home, or even be a licensed studio artist. I’ve seen amazing work done by home artists, and real junk done by studio artists… As long as you work to high standards, you’ll never be a scratcher, regardless of where you operate 8-)

gregtatts
      Participant

Is that a good comment or bad lol

@gregtatts wrote:

Is that a good comment or bad lol

Well, good for you, bad for the studio artists who don’t come up to the basic levels of art work and hygiene :lol: I guess I was just meaning, don’t let anyone get you down for being a home artist, it’s nothing to be ashamed of :) An apprenticeship isn’t the only way to learn, and in a studio isn’t the only place to do tattoos 8-)

gregtatts
      Participant

OK lol I have been told by a few pros to stop but I havent and now with that positive I never will cheerz :lol:

@gregtatts wrote:

OK lol I have been told by a few pros to stop but I havent and now with that positive I never will cheerz :lol:

Are those pros friends, or just guys who work in studios (and thus consider you a threat to their businesses?) If that koi was your second tattoo, stencil issues aside, it’s pretty obvious why they would see you as a threat and try and discourage you from continuing ;) At the end of the day, the best advice I can give anyone is to read as much as possible, get as many opinions on technique etc as possible, but then take a lot of it with a pinch of salt, and go with what works for you. I’ve seen a lot of people advising artists to put a curve on their needles. I think the studio artist who did my last tattoo put a bend on his needles too. However. When I tried doing that, it made my lines really weak and amateurish. As soon as I stopped bending the needles, the issue resolved itself… :o I hear people talking about ‘riding the tube’ to assist on lines. I also hear people saying that doing so makes the ink smudge out, doesn’t allow the artist to correct for depth variations if need be, and also makes it hard to gauge precisely where the needle is… I’ve only ever floated the needle, so I can see precisely where it is at any given time, so can’t see any reason why I should start ‘riding the tube’… Everyone has their own style and method of working, so it’s definitely better to get all that info, find out what works best for you, and then stick to it… :)

gregtatts
      Participant

Couldn’t agree with u more well said thankz

@gregtatts wrote:

Couldn’t agree with u more well said thankz

No worries, I’m always happy to help :) I’ve just seen so much conflicting advice given over the years, that I think that if it works for you, then stick with that method, rather than changing method simply for the sake of changing method, and possibly doing a substandard tat as a result :lol:

syndrella

hellooo

gregtatts
      Participant

@syndrella wrote:

hellooo

hi welcome to the best and most fare forum where critasisms are helpfull not hurtfull lol

robroy289
      Participant

Thats right we all start somewhere!!! I really liked that comment!!!

gregtatts
      Participant

@robroy289 wrote:

Thats right we all start somewhere!!! I really liked that comment!!!

cheerz just wish i new more to offer advice aswell lol

robroy289
      Participant

Most of the time those that criticize, are most likely scared you as a scratcher are gona put out a better piece of art so they have to belittle them and discourage them… Do what you love and love what you do!!!!

gregtatts
      Participant

@robroy289 wrote:

Most of the time those that criticize, are most likely scared you as a scratcher are gona put out a better piece of art so they have to belittle them and discourage them… Do what you love and love what you do!!!!

thankz n i agree the meaning of the tatts on me name to me means (Tattooing Art Through The Soul ) n words i live by just glad ive fount u friends on here that share the passion

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan