• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      littleinker
      Participant

Hi everyone!

I’m from Australia and am looking for an apprenticeship (preferably in Brisbane, Qld). I’m just about to start a course in tattooing so I will have a good understanding for what I’m in for and also the sterilization and health and safety aspects. Even though the course I’m doing is supposed to make you able to start inking straight away, I have zero intention of doing this. I just can’t see how a few weeks can replace a full apprenticeship and the many years of experience of the best artists out there. I really don’t want to be a scratcher and am actually looking forward to doing all the grunt work as an apprentice just so I can watch, observe and be taught by an amazing artist!

I have been working as a fashion designer for the last 12+ years with my own labels and studios and even though I know fashion and tattooing are really far removed, I’m hoping that my experience in the creative industries will be a help. Having said that, I will happily start back at the beginning, with no ego and be very willing to learn. I have wanted to tattoo since I was in my early teens so I’m really excited to start! Hopefully being female and not in my late teens will not be held against me.

Anyway, that’s me. I can’t wait to get to know everyone and hopefully get a proper apprenticeship soon! :D

Infamous
      Participant

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Sorry I can’t help with the apprenticeship thing all the way over here in the states but I’ll be happy to answer all the questions that I can until you find one! Good luck!

littleinker
      Participant

Thanks so much Infamous! I’ve already learnt a lot just from reading through other people’s posts on the forum. :) I’m happy to take on any information, suggestions, comments and constructive criticism! :mrgreen:

Lennart82
      Participant

Welcome to the forum. theres tons of information here. And if theres a specific area, just ask, and we will try and help you out :D

littleinker
      Participant

Thanks Len!

I actually posted here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4137 with a whole bunch of questions. I already had Ram answer with some really helpful info but I’d love to get as many opinions as possible. :) Also, any info on getting an apprenticeship in Australia would be amazing! :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

welcome

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan