This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stephen vanzant 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     pihla.kimmo 
    Participant

Hi!

I Bought a Hildbrandt kit almost a year ago with the liner and shader. The shader seems to run ok, but I think I made a huge mistake in taking the liner apart at first (as I was adviced to do so). And it doesn’t work. I got it to function for 5 minutes every time I use it after which it just stops running by loosening the rear spring. I also took off the oxidation from the contact point with a sand paper, which didn’t help either… Now I loosened the rear spring more and Im afraid I screwed up and loosened it too much. The shader seems to run a lot better, but the liner is sparking (blue sparks) and tiring after few minutes. I have to raise the voltage a lot for it to run even for a while. I hve no idea what else I could do, and I don’t think the problem is the power supply, because the shader works better. I have adjusted the gap between the front spring and contact screw until i have gone mad, it makes some difference but not enough for the machine to run smoothly.

I do not know any tattoo artist personally, so I cannot ask help in person. I would love to get an apprentice somewhere, but I will soon graduate as social worker, have a part time job and I’m in an art therapy training. I’m also thinking of studying further and looking for a more demanding job in social field. I’m 25 already and I have so much other things so I cannot use 2 years of my life as an apprentice anymore because tattooing takes years to master it… So I have no idea how I could get help with the machine, since tattooing is my passion but social work is one also.

So I would be grateful if someone would share a solution they had on a similar problem(s), and how you learned to adjust coil machines? Since I am completely lost and afraid that I will just have to give up tattooing completely

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  pihla.kimmo.
     stephen vanzant 
    Participant

Hey did you get your machine fixed?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2018 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan

Forgot your details?