• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

I hear Eternal ink is the best. However, I am just practicing on fake skins right now, and even-though working with great ink would be the best practice, I would like to know if there is a cheaper alternative that doesn’t compromise the quality and is cost effective. How is Immortal ink? Has anyone heard of Scream ink? Are these awful quality, because they are quite cheap. Has anyone heard anything about Iron Butterfly Inks?

I have head of them both
      for practice skins just use some cheap stuff

you have to experiment with pigments –
      this is covered in a whole chapter of Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo…
      hate to re-type it all here

The Doctor

I’ve been using Kuro Sumi for lining and a few other brands for colours.
      However I found that I had an allergic reaction to starbrite yellows and that their other colours did not stay in my skin as well as the other brands I have tried.

Just ordered a sample kit of Kuro Sumi Colours because I like the shades they offer and I have never had an issue with the lining ink I have from them. Actually it is the only ink I can say I have never had an issue with at all!

xDreamerx
      Participant

I use Kuro, and Intenze. I primarily use Kuro for my lining with some colorz. And Intenze for all colorz.

voodoo

http://www.electricink-us.com/index.html A few of my friends use this and say it’s better then eternals.
      I use the iron butterfly and have tried some nationals,moms and freedom tattoo supply ink. Last year i picked up some eternals to try but, have not seen the tattoo healed yet.
      I

thanks, this is all very helpfull advice. I think I’ll try getting a variety of brands and then see how it goes from there. It comes down to personal preferance and how I work with the pigments, right? So I guess it’s time to go shopping :)

I use Starbrite mostly – (with a lower case “b”)
      some Silverback
      some Dynamic Black
      some Intenz
      pick and choose best colors –
      but I like pretty much all of Starbrite’s pigments –
      be sure to order from http://www.papillonsupply.com/inks

-CRJORDAN

voodoo

Been using the Eternals and they rock !

tat2theEarth

I just ordered a set of starbrite ink and it comes with 2 bottles of nlack, true black and tribal black.. has anyone used these before? Are they any good or should i just hold on to them for practice and get intenze black?

Jester
      Participant

I absolutely love Starbrite!!! They have really nice black.
      You’ll especially like the red and yellow.

tat2theEarth

Ok cool. I got 17 colors coming so ill get to experiment a lil. If there tgat good ill get bigger ones than 1/2 oz.

PUGSLEY

Intenze has a bunch of rad colors! I love their Marios blue light, Dark red for traditional red, Their Kool-Aid is sick for layering skintones aswell. and they have a ton of great specialty and artists’ series colors. The Bowery ink set is awesome for traditional colors! Their lining black is nice and thin. holds well. I love how their silver-blue looks for working with wolves light fur tones. My only complaint with Intenze is that it dries in the caps quite quickly.

Starbrite inks make some great colors. Bubblegum, the bright orange, Magenta and Canary yellow are my faves.

Eternal inks graffiti green, honeydew and hot pink kick ass! They have a ton more colors I love but I’m forgetting to mention right now. They also have that stay wet formula which works wonders with a few drops in each ink cap.

Easy Glow kicks ass aswell. Theyre Bombshell blue looks kinda purple when going in yet takes to the skin great looking when healed! Their Garter belt green is awesome for reflecting light subtlties with whites. Their tiki tan is great when paired with a dark brown for making wood effects. I try more of their colors , but havent gotten a chance. I have their Lucious Lavender that I think will be badass for skintone layering.

Electric ink makes a badass neon green called lemon lime, But thats all ive gotten to use from them.

A few questions… Has anyone tried Fantasia inks from Tx? Wanna try but havent come to buy yet.. need some feedback before I purchase em.. and Intenze makes Zuper Black, Is this good for lining? I’d figure with how black they make it seem, It’d spread and make a bad lining ink cause of how packed with pigments it has to be. Its prob thick as fuck too.. I’m assuming

jguzman89

heres a video i bet most of you guys have seen but it does have some useful information on ink
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1il8WsWUw&list=PLXsUMVAqlwWwNq4XQnFZxMAZRQ28jiqjI&index=35

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan