Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      I’m new to this forum and also the tatting world. I’ve done 3 tattoo’s so far (lettering) and each time, I’ve had some trouble? Sometimes when I’m doing a line (or shading) and come to the end of it, I go to wipe the area…which then looks as if the ink didn’t even go in, or its a very faint line (after the wipe) I then have to go over the area sometimes twice or 3 times – which couldn’t be good for the skin at all.

I’ve done some research, and there appears to be various reasons.

Has someone experienced this?

nytemareh
      Participant

could be a hand speed thing. meaning you are moving faster than the ink goes in. could be a stretching thing. meaning the skin is bouncing with the needle and you are not getting penetration. could also be your machine is not tuned very well. my suggestion is take a step back get fruit, pig skin, practice skin, and start laying down lines till you get this worked out.

Christina Wright
        Participant

hello, im new to the tattoo industry and i’m struggling with line work. so far my line work seems to remain inconsistent, it seems that my line work is spotty, in some areas it will look great; smooth and solid, other areas it will look as if there is no ink at all in the skin…this will happen in one single pass…how do i fix that and why is it happening? in the few tattoos ive done this is how my lines seem to turn out. any advice would be helpful thanks

Johnny

Most new tattooers grossly underestimate the importance of machine tuning. Whether you work fast or slow or whatever your lines should be a one pass and done deal. Usually when a tattoo is just an all around fail its a combination of tuning, penetration and technique. Pretty much all reasons you shouldn’t be tattooing humans yet. Nightmare is right in telling you to take a step back and work on practice skin or anything not living. Take a long long look at how to setup and tune a tattoo machine.

thanks for the advice, appreciate this. I ‘will’ take a step back and practice on some citrus fruit to iron out the wrinkles.

leena

sometimes your skin rejects the ink…you don’t always have to buy the best of the best…sometimes even the skin rejects the color even if its black…try new type of ink.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It happens as some inks doesn’t suits somebody bodies you could try it with ink that would be good.

I agree with Nightmare but examine the throw on your liner make sure you can fit a dime between the contact screw and front spring as well as between the top of the coils and the armature bar. slow down your hand speed , make sure you are getting a good stretch on the skin, keep your tip at an angle into the skin and dont use too much vaseline or a&d

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan