• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      einvalentine
      Participant

Don’t be too disappointed in me, but I have officially withdrawn from college… for now. I have every intention of returning next fall (financial aid willing), but at the moment I need a break. I’ve got two years in, with at least three to go, and right now I am needed at home. Between working two part-time jobs, going to class full-time, and spending hours upon hours on homework, I am freakin spent (have you wondered why I haven’t been on here in a month? lol)! I’ve realized that one of the worst things I’ve ever said came out of my mouth this semester when my 6-year-old asked me to read him a story….. my response was “I can’t baby, I have homework” :shock: totally unacceptable. He is also struggling in school, and my house is a disaster area. I’m tired of being tired all the time. So, since my withdraw, for the first time this week, I got to help my little man practice writing, read him a story, watch a movie with him, and have a nice long chat with his teacher & his autistic support (he has high-functioning Autism by the way). Feeling muuuuch better :D At least now, I’ll be able to finish working on my studio, throw some more ink down (I haven’t done any tattoos since January), & I’ll finally get to finish this!!! http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/einvalentine/media/Ink/1stSitting_zps9ebb745c.jpg.html?sort=6&o=19 (password: tattoo). Hell, maybe I’ll even take a road trip to Canada 8-)

Lennart82
      Participant

Not dissapointed.. Would be dissapointed if you continued colledge ;)
      Family first imo ;)

AND been waiting to see your stuff for a while now… :D

Infamous
      Participant

Oh thank goodness, I saw the headline and thought you had quite tattooing! So glad it was just college lol ;)

einvalentine
      Participant

Well thanks guys :D

Lennart82
      Participant

Hahaha people here are more concerned with your tattoo business, then your education :P

Asfxe8

I haven’t been on here for awhile now and this was the first topic I happened to read.Amazingly I have similar problems, I have a 5 year old who is also a high functioning autistic child and 2 other kids. I barely have time for myself and find myself dismissing his requests in frustration. While I am not in school,it is still hard to find time to work on my art and find myself wondering if it is a useless pursuit of a career. I find myself waking up at 4 am on my days off to hopefully work on my art which I believe is excellent practice for tattooing. Your not alone on this and I believe there are others as well who are struggling. Hope you are able to find a balance between everything. :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I’m sorry to hear Val. I hope things turn around. School is kind of pointless if you are miserable, and cant even read your child a story. I think taking a break was the best choice. Glad to have you back.

as far as the tattoo I’m going to save and big comments for when it’s finished. I don’t see what you see as a finished product, and I’d hate to say something, and you already know and have a plan to fix it!

the main part of the skull is fantastic though!
      your gradients are really good, and so is your saturation :3

einvalentine
      Participant

@Asfxe8 wrote:

I haven’t been on here for awhile now and this was the first topic I happened to read.Amazingly I have similar problems, I have a 5 year old who is also a high functioning autistic child and 2 other kids. I barely have time for myself and find myself dismissing his requests in frustration. While I am not in school,it is still hard to find time to work on my art and find myself wondering if it is a useless pursuit of a career. I find myself waking up at 4 am on my days off to hopefully work on my art which I believe is excellent practice for tattooing. Your not alone on this and I believe there are others as well who are struggling. Hope you are able to find a balance between everything. :)

Wow, just having one child is difficult enough, I don’t know how you do it with three! Autism is a huge challenge, but highly managable. I can tell you that I am grateful for all of the support and resources I get for him. And no, it is not a usless pursuit. It just takes a lot of time management, patience, and perseverance. Don’t ever be afraid to ask for help, or take a break. Getting burnt out is no good for anyone. Good luck with everything!

@Lennart82 wrote:

Hahaha people here are more concerned with your tattoo business, then your education :P

Haha! I know, right? It’s great :D

Ram, just you wait…. I’m aiming for “epic” on this one! Did I mention this is also getting color? ;) Now, if I can just get my damn studio finished lol.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

once it’s finished i want pics!

Lennart82
      Participant

WE want pics :D

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan