:!:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks great dude
      nice clean linework, and solid colours
      gradients look good too
      cant wait to see more!

Demeer Black

Beautiful, love the Eddie from Iron Maiden, thats just sic man. What company did you get your skins from if you dont mind my asking?

NDM1973
      Participant

Very nice. What inks do you use?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

awesome :)
      I prefer Zuper Black by Intenze for lining. i find it stays black without an undertone, then I use Kurosumi for my shading! :)

Jester
      Participant

Wow!! I really like that!!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

oh wow really digging the new piece!
      keep up the good work
      you’re doing really solid pieces :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

haha awesome
      Cant wait to see more :)

jjdempsey3

Nice Work … I just got a Storm Rotary as well …. using the same lining ink as well ….. your line work looks solid and I am wondering what setup you are using with the Storm ??? ….

jjdempsey3

thanks for the reply … I will look at that site and check out the bugpin liners ….. Are you using diamond tips for your lining ?????

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

super rad bro!
      what machines are you using?

angie

wow! awesome work :)

Lennart82
      Participant

You have to get a better picture of Ozzys face. :D

I’m loving this portrait. :D Thumbs up.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

that eyeball is definitely top notch!

angie

god your good :) you are in the good carrer mate!!! where are you i wouldnt mine some ink of yours on me :)

Lennart82
      Participant

Looks damn awesome. :D

einvalentine
      Participant

I am thoroughly impressed! Excellent work on the foreshortening with Ozzy. Great designs and great execution!

Lennart82
      Participant

You did that Ozzy on yourself… Amazing.
      How long did it take? What did you use. Needles and inks??

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I’m practising my portrait skills, but no one seems to be doing the same at this moment. So have to ask those who do :D

I have been wanting to try the Gangster Grey set. But am a bit splitted between that one, and the Bob Tyrrell set. :?

So you used Flats? and??

NtheskiN

Just a little tip. Add some white to the skull for highlights. Edge of nose, teeth, etc. Really makes it pop! But, good work!

Lennart82
      Participant

@backinthesaddle wrote:

Yes, I use a 5 flat for smaller detail or tighter areas. Otherwise I use a bugpin 9 mag or 13 mag depending on the piece.

As far as the Gangster Grey set….obviously it works but I wasn’t that impressed. Even the lightest tone seems to be pretty dark and it still needs to be diluted for the softer shades for my liking, which kind of negates the whole premise of being consistent when you have a piece that takes more than one sitting. I really like the Silverback ink. The Black 11 is awesome. Beats the hell out of the Kuro Sumi I was using for lining and is great for those super dark shading areas and it’s only $20 for a four step set of their washes.

But even then that is only 1 oz bottles. I just got some empty bottles, witch hazel and glycerin and will start making my own washes with the Silverback Black 11 as a base.

Hmmm might try the silverback, have only heard great things about it.
      For the ones I have done, I’ve used Kuro Sumi, and just deluted it as I went along.
      But thanks for the info. :D

Infamous
      Participant

Looking good buddy

I’m having trouble deciding if I should critique those lines or not. The feathers aren’t bad but the loop of the dream catcher is shakey as can be

Infamous
      Participant

If you ever get a chance to go back into it, what I would do is try to make that loop look like wooden sticks. That way it would look okay and you wouldn’t have to fix your lines. I’m pretty sure those lines are too far gone to make look right without making them extremely bold.

So I’d change it to a brown with some soft grays and shading add some twig like pieces with leaves or something like that coming off the loop. Would really help a lot.

Lennart82
      Participant

Ha.. Didnt want to mention it, since I think it gives the piece a bit of rustique look to it. The loops on a dreamcatcher arent ment to be perfect round.

But since you now said that they were, well, yes they are a bit of. ;) Its very difficult doing a round circle tattoo. Especially if the client dosent sit still.
      I did a pocket watch, and the round circle went completely of, I might show it, since I believe I need some beating on that one ;)

The feathers on the other hand, are very well executed. Something a senior would produce… :D

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan