• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Rayzertat303

Been at it 3 months feedback is appreciated. http://web.stagram.com/n/rayzertats303/

angie

lolll you must love hot dog!!!

line is great … colors look good…. the design it self is a bit childish but hey ho am i to juge your art !!!

its funny lolll

Rayzertat303

Yeah…it’s just want they wanted and it’s not even close to my best just the most recent…but thanx for the kind words

Infamous
      Participant

Quite frankly, I am relishing this piece. Some my find it distasteful, but they just need a good kick in the buns.

Lennart82
      Participant

@Infamous wrote:

Quite frankly, I am relishing this piece. Some my find it distasteful, but they just need a good kick in the buns.

OMG hahhahahahah :lol:

Hmmm I dont know if its me or just my TASTE, but I’m not digging the design. Colours and line are fine though. ;)

Rayzertat303

Knew I’d get some shit on that stupid ass tat…it’s just what they wanted if someone could just scroll down the page and take a look at the other ones and let me know what they think

Infamous
      Participant

lol no worries, you are doing great keep up the good work! And, I’ve never sausage an amazing hot dog tattoo.

Your others look nice and clean too, btw, a lot of them look unfinished though.

einvalentine
      Participant

The hot dog aside, your line work is ok but it looks like you have the same problem I do. You start out good in small sections, then get so far and realize your wrist doesn’t flex that far… that’s when it gets a little raggedy in some spots. It also happens when you move against your natural wrist movement (this link helped me figure that out ;) http://www.drawspace.com/lessons/view/a09). The saturation of the rose looks good, but the hot dog looks like it’ll be a bit washed out when it’s healed. I’ve learned the hard way that the quality of the work depends not only on technique, but how good your supplies & machines are. I typically use Starbrite ink, but I don’t particularly care for it’s saturation with certain colors. And even with all the tweaking my machines are crappy, so that really doesn’t help.
      You might also want to add some shading next time, just to give them a little more depth, but that’s your call really.
      All in all, I’d say you’re off to a good start. Just takes a shit ton of practice and research, and every one gets better than the last :) Good luck!

Oh, and for the love of God, put some plastic wrap down…. no blankets/towels/pillows!
      Do this first… https://www.teachmetotattoo.com/forum/search.php?search_id=egosearch

Rayzertat303

Yeah the colors are usually just first run thru then ill touch it up I know this cant always be done but I’d rather go over then over it work it first time round…most are in finished eapically ones I’ve done on my self…the heart and the rose is all one pass and it healed up nice no need to go over…I’d have to say the turtle and the rose are the best ones I’ve done and I’d have to say I’ve done less then 20…with the lines trying to run a line to long ur spot on…thanx for the comments good or bad I accept em all glad people are pretty nice on this forum, have ran into a lot of dicks that think there high and mighty , I get it your a professional but even you mr high a d mighty started somewhere…just cool to post here and here some positive shit thanx

angie

your on your way…the others look nice… as einvalentine said please use plastic wrap!!

einvalentine
      Participant

That’s exactly why we’re all here… most of us have been there done that, realize just how difficult this industry can be, and despise the holier than thou art bullshit. We’re here for the art, and the education; and we don’t want to dish out our hard earned money or be someone’s bitch just to wish that some self proclaimed tattoo god will teach us how. Hell, most of us are getting too old for that shit ;) So we talk. We make friends. We share tips and tricks. And most importantly, we critique. Anyone who knows art & design knows that a good critique is what you will really learn from, as long as you allow yourself to. I have some fairly strict professors, and some pretty harsh classmates… and they are what makes my work better. Point blank, I am not going to tell anyone they’re doing a good job when they’re not; but I’m not going to tell them they suck and should just throw in the towel either. I will tell them what I see, what I don’t see, and provide positive feedback. After all, I will learn just as much from someone else as they will learn from me.

Infamous
      Participant

@einvalentine wrote:

That’s exactly why we’re all here… most of us have been there done that, realize just how difficult this industry can be, and despise the holier than thou art bullshit. We’re here for the art, and the education; and we don’t want to dish out our hard earned money or be someone’s bitch just to wish that some self proclaimed tattoo god will teach us how. Hell, most of us are getting too old for that shit ;) So we talk. We make friends. We share tips and tricks. And most importantly, we critique. Anyone who knows art & design knows that a good critique is what you will really learn from, as long as you allow yourself to. I have some fairly strict professors, and some pretty harsh classmates… and they are what makes my work better. Point blank, I am not going to tell anyone they’re doing a good job when they’re not; but I’m not going to tell them they suck and should just throw in the towel either. I will tell them what I see, what I don’t see, and provide positive feedback. After all, I will learn just as much from someone else as they will learn from me.

+1

This should be our Mission Statement, well said Valentine

robroy289
      Participant

My advise is to make it your own.. And by saying that i mean try some skin breaks,bold out lines, and some color around it to give it a new school look or old school or BOTH!! What ever your style is go with it!!..Do some research on youtube on color techniques will help allot. A 9rl and some kick ass color blending would have set it apart from the rest..Try not to get to deep into just solid filling a tattoo and do some color variations. That’s all i did when i first started out and my mentor almost didn’t except me on that bad habit alone.. I do know how people are stuck on a certain design and will not sway from it but you have to be able to step up and say “hey!” I’m the artist and my reputation is on the line “..But you are on your way man ,soak these forum post up like a sponge cause it has helped me greatly and we are here to help you not tear you down… You will only get better by surrounding yourself with more and more knowledge,technique, and asking allot of questions… The answer may not always be what you wanna hear but you will learn from it either way! Don’t let any comment stop you from moving forward and block you from learning cause we all learn something from each other everyday!!That’s just my advise!!!Hope it helps!

Lennart82
      Participant

Okey okey… Hotdog aside. Even though its funny, and its the one that steps out in my eyes.

But just a bit more on the hotdog. The colour is good, but I would have gove with a bit more shades/blending, to give it a more “pop” effect. It looks flat. You would have gone a loooong way, if you, just before your coloured it, had done some under shading. That way, when you colour it, the dark shading will penetrate and give it more dimension.
      The line work is a bit shaky, but still solid, which is a good thing. You need to breathe when lines are ment to be seen, and you need to pace yourself. There is nothiong wrong in sculpting the lines.

The turtle is cute, but the picture is a bit blurry. Imo, it needs more. Colours or shading, your choice.

The rose and heart, are by far the best you have done. Again, imo, it looks flat. mix/and blend your colours. Even if you only did a light highlight, you would have gone a long way.

The bird and the flowers….. Hmmm… Not finished I guess..

Now to the last one. The dragon one…. Not finished. Now is this on your own leg???? I dont know if its the picture, but it looks a bit red, which gives the impression that you recently did this. (the redness has nothing to do with anything, just saying)
      And I dont know, what kind of hair growth, you/or the person has.
      Did you or did you not shave the area before hand? The dragon looks, new, but the hair looks old.

And I will tell you why this is important, to shave an area I mean. (People say, shave, but dont say why) Here is why.
      First and foremost, the hair can get caught in your needle grouping. Giving you and uneven line, or worse, picking up the hair, and pounding it down another place….
      The second reason, infection in the hair sacks. You pound the hair down to its socket, and the hairs sticks a tint bit out. You have proberbly shaved and gotten an in grown beard stubble. And you pick at it, only to find a very LOOOONG beard strain under your skin.
      This goes for the tattooed area as well, only underneath a tattoo, the colour woundt go correctly in, and your left with a hole in your finished tattoo. :ugeek:

Now I didnt mean to sound like a jerk or anything. Only helping. And thats how you get better right? :D
      And if you knew about the “why Shave” well, it never hurts to reinforce a statement. ;)

NtheskiN

Do yourself and everyone a favor. USE A BARRIER. You are showing pics of different. People on the same mattress. Not good. Thats how you spread blood borne pathagens. AKA hepatitis!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

First off get rid of anything fabric in the room. Fabric cannot be sterilized or sanitized, and is a massive breeding ground for bacteria. Use barrier film, saran wrap, or tin foil to cover your work station, and anywhere the client may touch. IE: Arm rests, etc.

The following album on facebook shows my work station. Strive to be as close to that as possible:
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.400292870046156.91003.145953635480082&type=1&l=96261e03f7

Always cover your clip cord, and machine during the tattoo process.

To add more on the shaving issue the main reason you shave is because all hair has dander; even human hair. An artist will tell you to avoid going near animals because the danader can cause infection. Well your own hair can cause infection. Whether it is implanted in the skin, or just remains on the skin. Also it can bind up, and clog your ink well making it difficult to get the ink into the skin.

Your linework definitely needs work. Check out the “How To Practice” section of the forum. You have no idea how much drawing all the time will help your tattoos. When you draw properly, and practice regularly it will really improve the quality of your tattoos. Before doing a line hover your hand over the line and do the motion with your wrist in the air first. If you can’t do the line then adjust your wrist until you cant. If you still hand try to only stop when a line meets another line. like a p. If you are going up the back part you can either stop where the curved part meets at the bottom or the top, but not in between. This is because when you restart your line it will be noticeable. If you stop where two lines meet it wont be as noticeable.

As far as your colour saturation goes it seems the only one that really needed work was the hot dog; which I hate btw. I wouldn’t put my name on a tattoo design like that, but thats just me. You need to work on your shading. Once you can shade you can practice blending colours. I am a black, and grey artist, and really just recently started to get a lot of colour work. My knowledge of shading really helps me with blending the colours in the skin. There are a few ways to blend colours. Mix the inks in the ink cups, dip from one cup to another to make blends, or blend it in the skin using a shading technique. There is also Top Shading, and Bottom Shading. Top Shading is you put down your solid colour, then shade lightly and gently over it. This makes your blacks nice and black. Bottom shading is when you shade first, then colour over it. This way you will actually see the black THROUGH the colour making it go from black, to a darker version of your colour.

I mention this because the blending and some of the line work on that swallow really need some work. As Len said I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m just being blunt, and to the point. I don’t believe in beating around the bush. You wont learn that way. You need to be told straight up what you’re doing wrong so you can fix it.

Lastly if you’re going to do japanese really practice your designs before attempting it.

Spider
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

First off get rid of anything fabric in the room. Fabric cannot be sterilized or sanitized, and is a massive breeding ground for bacteria. Use barrier film, saran wrap, or tin foil to cover your work station, and anywhere the client may touch. IE: Arm rests, etc.
      Lastly if you’re going to do japanese really practice your designs before attempting it.

Well said. take what you can get here and run with it man. Not all of us on this forum are beginners, or self taught. I honestly do not remember how I ended up in this forum to begin with, but found it entertaining and figured I could maybe help here and there and so stayed. Take critique the same way it’s given, honestly and looking at what is being talked about. Always find a way to make it better, and never stop learning.

fortunes

tweet-tweet dude 8-)

robroy289
      Participant

@Spider wrote:

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

Well said. take what you can get here and run with it man. Not all of us on this forum are beginners, or self taught. I honestly do not remember how I ended up in this forum to begin with, but found it entertaining and figured I could maybe help here and there and so stayed. Take critique the same way it’s given, honestly and looking at what is being talked about. Always find a way to make it better, and never stop learning.

I agree!!! Although i began in this forum as a novice and didn’t know a round shader from a Mag!!! And by this forum alone i found out about all the tools necessary to become a good artist, number one practicing my drawling and art 24/7 before i even picked up my machine.Then i was told to study on BBP (Blood Borne Pathogenesis), Cross Contamination and Disease Control..That is a MUST!! So you can keep your client safe, yourself safe, and your family safe if you are doing it from home…If you are tattooing at home please use disposable… Then i learned about getting an apprenticeship so i went out and asked every shop that i could until someone would take me!!! Then finally i got one… A apprenticeship is very important i think, and that’s not because you hear every professional tattooer saying you have to have one, that’s not what i am saying i am saying from experience!! I do not how ever think it takes more than 6 months to 1 year to do a proper apprenticeship if someone is already an advanced artist and already had tattooing experience.. Just depends on the mentor and when he or she feels you are ready…Now i have my own tattoo studio in a town that only has two shops, mine and the other guys and we are doing well!!And im not saying this to brag on myself on how well i am doing i am just letting you and everyone that reads these threads know that it is possible to do this and do it well!! So, defiantly take what you can from these post cause they will help if you keep an open mind and willingness to learn cause everybody here helps each other weather you mean to or not!!!

Spider
      Participant

Right on!

Slayer918

Looks real nice! ..dat hot dog :P

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan