• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Halfer

Hi there, so I have a question regarding lining needles for larger designs. At the moment I’m working with a single liner for my outlines. I’m wanting to do a larger back piece but so far I believe my lines are too thin to attempt. Does anyone know what needle format would work well with a backpiece that will produce thicker, fuller lines? I have a selection of 5 round liner, 5 flat mag, 7 flat mag, 9 flat mag, 11 flat, 12 and 13 flat mag. Thanks in advance!

munch

For thick lines you should be using a 9 round liner or bigger, I use up to a 14RL. DON’T use a Flat MAG for lining if you do not know what your doing (and if your asking the question you did, you don’t), using a MAG can turn skin into hamburger very quickly. Go to your supply shop and get some larger liners. Read all you can about the history and techniques behind tattooing, most artists doing a back piece will use many different size needles throughout the procedure. GET AN APPRENTICESHIP, find a mentor (someone that has experience and a portfolio).
      Cheers

LauraP

Thanks for sharing these great information. I just started out learning how to tattoo by myself. I just watch some video tutorials. But I think I can’t handle it alone so I badly need a great tattoo artists teacher. 8-)

xDreamerx
      Participant

Get educated before ANYONE starts taking on human skin and going big! ! ! Cant stress that enough. Wrong needle configs to wrong power sources and a non sterile work area….soooo many things can turn a perfectly “good idea” into a medical condition/concern.

….I could be a broken record here about educating. Try and visit a shop or two and see what their apprentice policies are or if they are accepting any.

Dont mean to sound harsh, but just asking simple questions is a sign of lacking education in this art form. So be safe….thats all.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan