• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      korky

well chaps forgive me for asking silly questions,but i was just wondering,if i am to tattoo a horizontal line on practise skin,being left handed should i work from left to right whilst tilting my machine back slightly to the left on top.i feel a lot more confident pulling a line right to left but it hides my stencil line,also i bought some mags lately and when i compared them to some i already had i noticed that the opened side of the loop was oppisite to normal,i understand that you keep the needle snug to the back of the tube which is usually when your open side of the loop is left,is it just different manufacture
      and when placing the others do i simply face the open side right?thanks

The best advice I can give you is that there is NO right or WRONG way to outline. You can start from where ever you feel most comfortable. Just try not to loose the stencil. The real test will be how the healed piece looks – if you are more comfortable – then your lines will be more comfortable, and ultimately it will be a good tattoo.

As far as “how to load a needle in the tube”
      Again this is pref. But I have seen that most tattoo artists do not really look at the loop on the needle bar when trying to load the needle – they look at how the groupings were soldered onto the bar – the way that the loop is facing is really irrelevant.

Try to look at the solder – and notice that the bar is soldered on top (top being facing the front of the machine – when loaded in a tube) of the grouping.
      But, again – this is personal pref. and you need to find what works best for you.

Remember that you can’t get quality materials like needles and machines unless you work in a reputable studio- any gear you can buy from a catalog that will ship to your HOME is probably not the top of the line gear, and may make it harder to learn to tattoo – get a proper apprenticeship!

Hope this helps – and best of luck.

common sense will lead to the answers for all of those questions

Nightliner
      Participant

Most needle manufacturers do put the loop opening on the left, very few put it on the right, so look at the needle grouping and put the soldered on group against the back of the tube so the needles can have better access to the ink. Set up you machine so the speed matches the speed you move you hand, and generally keep the needles pressing against the back or sides of the tube for better ink access. Just basic rules that work for me.

BigSerg

You might wanna start with a lighter machine, just makes it easier for you to put it down steady.

LauraP

Just starting out how to tattoo. Thanks for sharing these information.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan