Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Infamous
      Participant

Hey, you know I’ve just been messing with you this whole time right? Lol

Infamous
      Participant

If anyone looks at any of the conversations we have had on this forum and thinks I’m the one coming across looking dumb, they’ve got some mental issues buddy.

Lennart82
      Participant

@the mad reaper wrote:

:idea: To * Infamous * it is apparent you realized that you were out matched intellectually… Also the Questions I Posed to you were not answered & should have been easily by any one tattooing or apprenticing… Bill

I will be glad to answer this question on behalf of Infamous. All you need to do, is show me what you can do. And I will answer all of your questions. :ugeek:

Just mind you, Joshua Carlton is great, I have his book. And one of his dvd’s. But you sound like your holding him as God, and whatever he writes is law.
      Just remember, that’s his Joshua’s take on things. :ugeek:

Lennart82
      Participant

I dont even know what kool-aid is…. Eurotrash here… remember.. ;)
      And there you go again. Living in the past.

Well we all have idols. My God, is Bob…

edit
      I’m not a success, since I’ve only tattooed for 5 month total.
      And havent done any pr yet. This is why.

Lennart82
      Participant

Ohhhh forgot…. sorry… Hehe. And I shouldnt I know.
      But if you want to be here show your work. Forum rules…

Lennart82
      Participant

Yes please do that.
      Then I wouldnt have too.

And please tell him you just called me nazi. As I am Danish.

Infamous
      Participant

That is an actual rule on this forum. You can see it on the site.

Okay guys… lets simmer down a bit – and get back to sharing tattoo tips instead of insults?

Shaggy

Wow… been awhile since I’ve been on here, but I have to say reading all the back-and-forth between Infamous and Mad Reaper across multiple threads has made me laugh – imagining them sitting at the keyboard, blood boiling as they respond to each other.

Let me preface my post with this… While I am fairly new to this forum, I did graduate from Art School back in the early 80’s before computers when you actually had to have talent to get in. I have used that artistic talent for 30 years to make a living, including airbrushing friends vans, motorcycles & t-shirts while I was in the Marine Corps to make a few extra bucks. I became fascinated with tattooing during my Marine days also, I drew and sold flash to the shops outside the base and hung around when I could learning bits and pieces. Needless to say tattooing back in the 80s is not what it is today, and back then the whole flash “pick it & stick it” didn’t appeal to my artistic side. Then life, bills, ex-wives etc. happened, but I never lost that passion and curiosity for tattooing and continued to read everything I could. A few years ago I broke out my old machines and tuned them and started playing on fruit and fake skin again… so when I decided a few months ago to walk into a shop about an apprenticeship it came as no surprise that I was accepted.

Infamous… I hate to be the bearer of bad news but everything I am reading from Mad Reaper is on the money. I use to feel the same way as you about Dollar Stores, but they are the best thing ever for a tattoo artist for replenishing disposable items such as: liquid antibacterial soap (dilute it to replace green soap), spray bottles, sandwich bags (they make great barrier covers and fit over a Hurricane perfectly), hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol, saran wrap, I even found an off-brand jar of A&D. After a quick stop at a craft store for a bag of tongue depressors I stocked my whole station for like $10.
      Also… Mad Reaper is correct about Amazon and Monster Steel/Piercing Pros, the shop I am in orders most things from Amazon and it comes from Monster Steel. Yes most times the Amazon prices are cheaper than Monsters own website (Amazon of course does not carry everything). The explanation he gave is also correct, the company I currently work for (my day job) does the same thing selling same stuff on Amazon under another name cheaper… Amazon consumers are a whole other type of bird, so as long as the margin is there to do it, you lower pricing and gain them as a new customer and include your catalog in their Amazon shipment to hook them into other items from your own site.

AND… Mad Reapers comments on cheap rotaries being just/almost as good as high-end, again on the money. The shop I am in uses rotaries exclusively, the owner uses NeoTat. I could have used my coils but am always up for learning/experimenting so he gave me these inexpensive rotaries to try (cause I’m not shelling out $350 for a NeoTat unless I’m sure)… and I have to say, 37 tattoos later I actually love them – no fuss, no tuning, just hook up and go. I will probably get the NeoTat eventually though, it is VERY quiet where the inexpensive ones he gave me are louder… and I feel if it ain’t buzzin like a coil, then it needs to be VERY quiet. LOL

P.S. – as far as machine set-up i.e. coils, springs, capacitors, etc. There are hundreds of pairing variations… it comes down to how you tattoo and what works for your style. Of course no beginner on this site has a clue to what any of that means let alone knows what their style/technique for tattooing is until they actually do SKIN trying various set-ups. Meaning if you are heavy-handed you better not have a hard-hitting set-up and vice versa if you are light-handed a soft-hit probably won’t sink ink. This is something you can learn by reading, watching DVDs, and just plain old trial and error the old school way.

Infamous
      Participant

I agree with you 100% Shaggy, but like I said, the reason I started this topic was to let Mad Reaper know that I was just messing with him the whole time. At no point, did my blood ever boil :) well except for the times when he calls Lenn a nazi, and claims America went to war in Afghanistan for oil and other bs.

The whole thing started with me sitting back, watching the back and forth between him and this forums moderator, and him blatantly refusing to cooperate at all and escalating to the point where he (Reaper) verbally assaulted him and every other member of this forum. Reaper was banned, went crying to C.R. Jordan, and somehow managed to get unbanned. So I started giving him a hard time. Due to the fact that C.R. had left Ram powerless and I just wanted the guy to leave on his own terms. My tact could have been better though.

FYI, everything he has said has been copied straight out of a book and/or reiterated by some of the dvd’s he’s bought. The guy has no actual experience in the field.. Even his profile says he’s never been a pro-tattooer and that he wants to tattoo based on the influence of reality tv shows. Yet he claims to own a shop that is booked two months in advance etc and simultaneously will not provide a single image of one of his tattoos.

However, to remedy the situation, because inevitably this problem will come again. I have created a new forum, there isn’t as much info on there yet. But the top 3 contributors of this forum are now running that one, and the functionality of the site itself is far better.

You and anyone else is welcome to join. http://www.ronin.myfastforum.org

Lennart82
      Participant

Man oh man.
      you keep hiding behind C.R Jordan.

You talk big. But thats about it. Actually you are destroying this forum Mr. Maryland Transportation Authority man.
      Oh my oh my.
      Maybe I should give themva call. Along with an Ip adress.

ohhh didnt you do your homework on what exactly my government job consists of???

Infamous
      Participant

Quite cozy actually, yes :) thanks for the plug!

The layout of the site is far better than this one and incredibly more user friendly.

Like, no more links for images you can just post the real thing! That’s always been an annoyance here. A site for artists, yet you’re not allowed to share images. Not the best idea.

Another thing is that it has an area for non-artists to come and talk as well completely separated from the artist section. So the site itself will bring in more clientele for the artists that join it. That is a big plus!

We’re currently up to 7 users, all of which are happy and active on the forum. Compare that to this one!

You’re welcome to come join us, as long as you follow our rules Reaper. We’ll be happy to help you learn how to tattoo ;)

The link is http://www.ronin.myfastforum.org

robroy289
      Participant

Yes this is a tattoo forum show us your work! maybe show us a thing or two..

Spider
      Participant

Ah but Roy, people cannot show what they do not have! :lol: :lol:

xDreamerx
      Participant

Is this what I have been missing? thanks for the private notes folks.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yeah Dream you missed a lot of drama because of Reaper. He’s been banned by both Robroy, and I, and C.R. Jordan forced us to unban him. Basically said he can do whatever he wants it’s a free forum. The whole thing started with me asking to separate paragraphs in his posts to make them easier to read, and he went off on myself, Infamous, Lennart, and the forum itself. He’s still here causing drama now with anyone who dares to confront him, then calls them one of my lackies, and says they’re butthurt. Forum has been dead since he joined, and started that. People aren’t here to be insulted; they are here to learn. Yet, all he does is pick on anyone who posts, and Canvasyou lets him.

xDreamerx
      Participant

…..aaaaahh gotcha. yeah i’ve been going back reading posts…etc.

this should be interesting…. :twisted:

robroy289
      Participant

@the mad reaper wrote:

HOW is INFAMOUSES new Club I thought the 3 of u were Cosey over there ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its doing well!!! I would like to say that yes most of what reaper has posted has been knowledgeable,but nobody knows the right answers all the time. And he either has to much spare time or is a very fast type’r to answer these post with such large answers.. But you school girls need to let it go!!! There is nothing wrong with a good healthy debate but dang!!!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The topic ‘MAD REAPER’ is closed to new replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan