Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      robroy289
      Participant

Anyone have any suggestions on what is the best gage to wrap my own coils and where is the best place to get it…

robroy289
      Participant

Wow guys!!! Where is everyone at??? Come on guys lets make this a hopping forum again…
      I mean share some wisdom to the newcomer…

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

not sure rob, may have to google it. I prefer 10wrap personally.

robroy289
      Participant

I think 24 or 22 .. But my question is how much difference is there between the 22 and 24 gauge performance wise???

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Im pretty sure the larger the gauge the more electrons move through the wire, the more friction there is
      i read something about it not long ago but i mostly skimmed it so i cant remember for sure

brokenpipe

the larger the gauge the more resistance brother. you can look up the amount in ohms online to get a number for your capacitor.ohms law is another good thing to look up when building simple circuits also. The more resistance the slower the coils will run or the more voltage you will need. Id do an 8 wrap for a faster moving machine with like 22 gauge wire . Id use the 24 on a 10 wrap to keep the delay and maybe even dwell time(time on) down. this is not from a tattooist’s experience but from an automotive stand point . its all the same 12v DC system lol. Id really like a how to class on the construction of the tattoo coils if anyone has it.

Infamous
      Participant

You can buy coils pre-made for just a little bit more than materials and you won’t have to worry about screwing it up. It’s good to know how just in case, but its not going to save you that much money, really.

Same with making your own needles. Sure you can, and its easy all you need is solder, but why? They are super-cheap just buy them and they are sterilized with EO gas, so as not to spread disease like a homemade needle probably would

Infamous
      Participant

Good point to be made here, don’t buy anything from e-bay or amazon!

Infamous
      Participant

Well that machine looks like it could’ve been a good one at some point. Shame it’s owner didn’t take very good care of it though

Infamous
      Participant

lol yeah nice try, that thing was painted, the paint wore off, and now its rusting.

And Hildbrandt’s are made in Canada.

Strange that you’d be knocking “chinese cheap-o’s” since you seem to love them in all your other posts though.

Infamous
      Participant

Never said it was “high quality” either. Maybe stop putting words in other peoples mouths?

robroy289
      Participant

@the mad reaper wrote:

@Infamous wrote:

Well that machine looks like it could’ve been a good one at some point. Shame it’s owner didn’t take very good care of it though

Brand New Distressed Look on Heat Treated Frame… I’am sorry. I gather you have never seen an Aaron Cain. Machine.. Pitty I gather your shiny Hildibrant Chinese cheapo stainless steel looks good to you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Bill

That machine is heat treated!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan