• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      calquinn

This was my very first tattoo . My husband was very brave but he had faith in me. My own design. I did the lining first and then the colour once the lining was healed.

falconier

how long did it take you to do the outline? size needle did you use?

robroy289
      Participant

I like it!! Really nice line work. Did you use RShader for the red?

calquinn

I used 5 liner ,took me 2 hours to line the black and red. Then a 5 round shader and 7 mag . :D Thanks for liking , It makes so much difference when your peers say it’s a good tattoo.

Kingdomcome

Wow!
      I just love the splashes of red!
      Its you own design?

Great work! Good lines, good solid fill in.

i wish i could do that :D

calquinn

Thank you, I’m sure you can , or will do. I must say though the smaller writing ‘ it’s in the blood ‘ came out a bit light and could do with going over again but I am proud of myself. Thanks for your comment. :D

ben.catterall
      Participant

Thats pretty awesome for a first tattoo! There are a few lines that are a bit wierd. Especially the big S. the lines on the bottom right of the big S are very wonky and the black doesnt fill all the way to the edge. But nothing that you couldnt fix later on.

I do like the splashes of red. Pretty cool look to it!

How long have you been practicing for? Have you practiced on fruit or pig skin or practice tattoo skin?

Cheers,
      Ben :)

calquinn

Hi Ben , no practising on fruit, did buy some plastic skin tried it out once found it rubbish , so my husband said “sod it why don’t you just go for it “, so I did. So that Is actually my very first tattoo. Thank you for your comments . I have been TATTOOING now for 6 months, but not all the time maybe two or three a month.
      This is my latest tattoo it’s not finished yet, my lines have got better, I think.

ben.catterall
      Participant

yeah i can see a good improvement on your line work.

I know you have probably heard it all before, but im good at pushing people with this and its a very important subject… Blood borne pathogens. Are you using disposable grips and tips and needles etc? If you are not, do you have a sterilizer and do you know how to use it? Have you done any BBP courses? are you taking proper precautions with cleaning all your gear before and after tattooing including the floor and area around, especially if tattooing in your home? are you practicing only on friends or yourself? or are you getting paying customers? Have you read the book offered by this website? its great for information and instruction! not as good as an apprenticeship, but i know they are extremely hard to get and sometimes not practical to get.

anyway…. thats my rant over for now. hahaha. sorry but its all very important stuff and i make sure to blabber on about that stuff a fair bit :D

Keep up the good work

Cheers,
      Ben

hoodootattoo

Great Job for your first time out keep on practicing and Ben has a great post too about Blood Borne Pathogens,

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan