• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ratmonkey

http://m1017.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ratmonkey76/20130901_211717_zps31a3bced.jpg.html?o=0 hope this link works. My first, open to all critiques. Used Starbrite colors and Kuro Sumi outliner. 7rl and 7m1.

Lennart82
      Participant

Not bad actually.
      Its a good peice, considering its your first.

robroy289
      Participant

What i can see it looks good!!

JDawnPearls

Oh its good for a first, that is for sure. I have seen worse from experienced tattooists. Good Job!

ratmonkey

Thanks. Was having trouble getting the lines in at first. Turned up my power supply and it got better. Might stick with this traditional style for now. Dont know how to get texture yet to do some newer style pieces. Any advice is appreciated. Trying to soak in as much info as possible. I am doing these from home and have no mentor, except all of you.

angie

colors seem to be solid :) nice first tattoo!

Lennart82
      Participant

Giving texture is fun, but difficult at first. You have to really know your machine, what angel, hand speed and so on. I would say, start out shading some minor tattoos, this gives you the feeling of how to shade.
      Texture is a bit like shading, altough texture needs that extra attension. And that extra volume.
      Been struggeling on a firemand, texturing his clothes. Its a slow walk, but the result will (hopefully) be good. :D

ratmonkey

Done today. Tried Eternal ink for the first time and was very happy. Customer was happy also http://s1017.photobucket.com/user/ratmonkey76/media/20131012_154453_zpsa2bee2b1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

ratmonkey
      Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Your stuff is decent but you still have a lot to practice on. The color looks saturated, but your shading looks scratchy, and ununiform. The best being the one you did on yourself. You say “Customer” does that mean you are charging for tattoos?

Having done three tattoos you should be doing them for free. That’s a best case scenario. I would recommend getting some honeydew melons, or some other form of practice material and practice on that for a while. at least until your work is consistent. You dont want to bust out a bunch of free tats only to have to fix them at some point down the line. Then not only did you pay for one, but two tattoos.

Just some advice.

Slayer918

@ratmonkey wrote:

Did this on my own leg http://s1017.photobucket.com/user/ratmonkey76/media/20131007_180215_zps715ada5c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

I’m thinking of tattooing myself but not sure if I’m just going to confuse myself XD . Looks good btw

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan