• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      gardo20

This is a piece i did a few weeks ago…let me know what you think

TattooMaker4

Nice work.. Good Lines from what i can see. Good Coloring also! Cant wait to see more.. The best tattoo ive came across on here ! ;) KEEP EM COMING!

DarkSoul

just a note you light want to work on contrasting colors in a figure to look more stunning but nice start

gardo20

Yeah, that was my first time trying to blend colors…..i just looked at a few tats kinda like it and guessed at it

not bad – be careful not to over work the skin – especially on the “white” pigment..
      try to blend a little more as well –
      a good technique is to lay down light black shading – then cover with color – and multiple shades too – not just solid coloring book –
      use a mag and get some depth in there w/ shadows!

not bad though..

HaCkFiNdEr

Line work is shaky, color is not consistent. The stomach color blending is just horrible. Practice on paper first!

skindeep

Hackfinder… if your going to give out such abrupt advise, how about you make it good advise… noone can learn to blend inks, or shade consistantly with a gun, by practicing on paper!

If your looking to improve your blending and colour work theres a few exercises i would recommend.

Firstly using a bannana to practice blending different colours into each other gives you a great feel of the correct depths and the speed you need to utilise.

Secondly practice skins (available cheap everywhere on the web) are great for working your shading consistancy, as they are unforgiving and usually will show more flaws in shading that actual skin, so if you can get consistant on these, you will be on your way to som great solid colour.

Other than that, i love bluebirds and this piece is no exception.

Keep it up. Work towards an apprenticeship!!

Nightliner
      Participant

Just thought I’d mention that you can’t shade with a gun.

Nightliner
      Participant

[attachment=0:21qqe0ax]jimmy.jpg[/attachment:21qqe0ax]

This was done a few years ago on my son in law. I don’t get to tattoo much anymore cuz of kidney failure, but I dug this one up. Not the best I’ve ever done, but it’s alright.
      7 liner, 7 mag, fantasia colors, talens drawing ink for the lines, black fill, and whip shade.

Red Spider

@Nightliner wrote:

Just thought I’d mention that you can’t shade with a gun.

That’s right,we don’t tattoo with firearms.Rule #1 for learning how to be a professional tattoo artist,is NEVER,NEVER,EVER call the tattoo machines a ‘gun’.We don’t rob banks or shoot people with them.When you are looking for a job in a shop and you refer to your machine as a ‘gun’,if the person running the shop has even a tiny bit of professionalism about them,you will have just lost thier attention as well as thier respect.I fine apprentices $10 every time I hear them say the word ‘gun’ in my shop,unless they are discussing firearms.That breaks that habit very quickly.I also will not hire anyone who calls thier machines ‘guns’.VERY unprofessional!There is an old saying in the tattoo industry,’To call one’s mother a whore is a lesser crime than to call the machine you use to practice the sacred art of tattooing a ‘gun’.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan