• This topic is empty.
Viewing 114 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

I don’t know why I haven’t shown you guys my work so far. I have a tendency to wrap them up before taking any pictures…. And they have a tendency of leaving once I’m done. (Can you believe that?)

This one I did, this weekend. Again on my aunt (she’s being quite the collector)
      Its her initials, (TNB) if you were wondering. And no, I didn’t make that female symbol. (she actually paid around 100$ for that female symbol :shock: )

http://i42.tinypic.com/2lmas0h.jpg

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

that female symbol is garbage lol XD

your work is pretty good though dude. keep it up. the only thing that bothers me is your T looks like a backwards J I had a hard time figuring it out D:

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks. :) Well yes, its a bit hard determining that its a T. But she loved the design, so we kept it that way.

And yes that symbol really is bad work. It doesn’t even centre line up with her forearm. And she talks about, wanting it covered, and asked me for any ideas. So that’s another project for me.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

no doubt
      Good luck with it dude

Lennart82
      Participant

And here’s some writing. People really love their writings.
      The tribal fish, and the Libra, is also my work. The Libra just needs a bit more blackness and a bit touchups. ;)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2e3qudi.jpg

Lennart82
      Participant

Heres another picture of the Tribal Fish, and the Libra
      This was from when it was fineshed. I used a grey wash, and no Witch Hazel, thats why its all reddish.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mgwjnk.jpg

Lennart82
      Participant

And here, last one I could find. This was a piece done on my brothers back. And actually this was an experiment. I tried the 1.000 virgins wash series. So theres a lot of experimental things I did.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zhfgxh.jpg

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

i really like that skull with the raven

try working on adding some line weight and such :D
      like do the raven in a 7RL bit the beak and feathers in a 5RL

and a nice 14RL border around the skull would really make it pop :D

the libra looks pretty good. you just need to slow down and not rush yourself. i noticed a few lines are kind of shakey, and theres a diamond shape at the top that goes through one of the lines

it would probably have been easier to read if the platforms for the scale were connected to the top. they just look like they are floating there

all in all great work!

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks for the input. I thought on how to make that skull “pop” out a bit more. Planning on doing some tough ups, if my brother feels it. He complained about the pain… A lot :D

As for the libra. Well yes, I went to fast, and the diamond did get messed up. But I talked to the guy, and we agreed to cover the diamond shape in black, and some other places as well. Its a bit lighter then the fishy’s.

Again, thanks for the input :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

NP :3

Lennart82
      Participant

So here we have it.

An older sister to an old classmate, had this tattoo on her back, aksed me to shine it up a bit.

Her is the original
      http://i44.tinypic.com/x6jynn.jpg

And this is what I’we have done so far.
      http://i41.tinypic.com/nfm8h.jpg

So what do you guys think?
      And perhaps any ideas on the knots going down the middle?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

she looks really red. have you tried adding witch hazel and/or bactine to your wash solution? it will help a lot with swelling and redness

the thing about celtic designs is the knots are normally left white :3

Lennart82
      Participant

No I ran out of Witch Hazel…. And I cant buy it in my town. :S

But yes, she had a redness to her.

White you say? Hmmm. still think it needs something…

Actually she donated all of her back to me. And we are going for the norse theme. plan on making the Jelling Stone (its a danish artifact from the viking age) And a portrait of Thor, and a long boat in a thunder storm.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I just puked in excitement
      I am norse :3
      My ancestry dates back to vikings in Norway
      I even follow the Old Religion.
      I have four runes tattooed on my wrist: Thurisaz, Othila, Raido, and Gar
      and a Rune stone on my chest with: Othila, Dagaz, Isa, and Nauthuz

Lennart82
      Participant

The old norse religion is so awesome. Just been to a viking village, full with people who live like the old age, for all summer. Even went on a long boat ride :D

So… I’ve been on vacation.
      But now I’m back, and tattooing.

This one is my latest one.
      And once the client told me where she wanted it, I nearly shit myself. I never had a good experience with foot tattooes. Either the client moves like they were on the back of a truck, going through the woods, with Stevie Wonder as the driver.

But this one turned out nice. I wanted to do alot more, but she couldnt take anymore. So it turn out like this

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ypc23a.jpg

What do you guys think?

Rscotti91
      Participant

Lennart… IN MY OPINION, the only thing that it MIGHT NEED is some white highlights and YOUR SIGNATURE UNDERNEATH IT!!!
      AWESOME WORK DUDE, KEEP IT UP!!! :D
      R.Scotti

Rscotti91
      Participant

OH and if you wouldn’t mind, would you mind telling me what you think of the last rose I did in this lesson?
      It would be much appreciated. please and thank you.
      R.Scotti

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3907

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks Rscotti

I wanted to do more to it, and finished with a white highlight. But that has to wait, if she wants more ;)

I will check it out :)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I looks unfinished. Could use some more darker blacks in there. Never be afraid to add black! Highlights would also be a nice contributing factor to the completed look of the tattoo. A lot of people tend to stray away from the darker blacks, and such, but it gives a more finished look. It is a rad design, and really well executed. It just looks like it’s waiting for colour haha. Maybe even a little more soft shading.

Rscotti91
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

I looks unfinished. Could use some more darker blacks in there. Never be afraid to add black! Highlights would also be a nice contributing factor to the completed look of the tattoo. A lot of people tend to stray away from the darker blacks, and such, but it gives a more finished look. It is a rad design, and really well executed. It just looks like it’s waiting for colour haha. Maybe even a little more soft shading.

I’d have to disagree with you Ramen, no offence. It could benefit from some solid blacks but I remember watching a video from Guy Aitchison and he said himself it’s not about the contrast of black to white. It’s about the contrast of your gradients, and how you blend/use them to your advantage. That’s not quoted exactly but it was something along those lines and I’m pretty sure you’ve seen his work. lol. If not, check him out!!!
      R.Scotti

http://www.hyperspacestudios.com/

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

and if you loook at the rose its one solid shade. there isnt any gradient to it at all
      i also didnt say add white i said add highlights. this will add more dimension, and more strongly define where the light sources are hitting
      there is a lot of open space, and with the single shade it looks like its waiting for colour to be added

Lennart82
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

Believe me RAM, I could have gone hours on this one. :D But after The first 15 minutes of shading, she kept asking; how much more to go….
      And then I could see where this went, and had to do what I could.
      But I have to take my hat of for her, she didn’t jump, not even once. :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I am in no way knocking the tattoo. I’m not trying to be a dick, or otherwise rude, or anything. I just think people saying that something is awesome, or flawless, or amazing doesn’t help people grow. I was simply giving my opinion based on my experience as a black and grey artist. :3 It’s a great tattoo, and the technique is good. Just to me it looks unfinished.

Rscotti91
      Participant

I don’t agree that there is no gradient at all. If you look closely you will see the dark-medium grey wash and some medium-light grey wash.
      They’re very subtle and smooth gradients but it definitely could benefit with more, but there are some transitions.
      R.Scotti

Lennart82
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

I am in no way knocking the tattoo. I’m not trying to be a dick, or otherwise rude, or anything. I just think people saying that something is awesome, or flawless, or amazing doesn’t help people grow. I was simply giving my opinion based on my experience as a black and grey artist. :3 It’s a great tattoo, and the technique is good. Just to me it looks unfinished.

Didnt think you were. And I respect your honesty. :)
      But again, I wanted to do a whole lot more, but the client, couldnt take it any more, and gave up after one hour. Then used half an hour to bring it to what it is now.
      For the shading I used A Thousand Virgins wash, complimented with Kuro Sumi.

But I def want to do more like this, I think my heart belongs to the black/grey tattoos ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yeah i hear ya dude haha
      i specialize in black and grey, and Japanese tattoos :3

Lennart82
      Participant

This is the runic relic stone

http://i39.tinypic.com/nxtloy.jpg

The runes are the original in this piece, but on her back, it will be costumised for her, also in runes. Top line= Denmark. Second line= her sons name and birthday in runes
      Third line= her second sons name and birthday
      And last= her bithday.

Now usually I dont really care for writing, but this one will be an all new ballgame :D

What do you guys think?

Infamous
      Participant

That’s going to be so awesome

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks good dude
      Are you going to be using the Elder Futhark?

Lennart82
      Participant

No unfortunatly she had the font she wanted already picked out.
      I suggested something like the Elder Futhark or even Jætter runer, But she wanted a more readable writing.

Lennart82
      Participant

So guys and gals, I’ve finished my Jellinge Stone. Turned out quite good in my oppinion. Though she is very red, even when I used witch hazel. With the first line, she turned red right away. :S
      Shes a meaty one, placed the stencil on her, when she was in a relaxed standing position, but once I got her on the table, it twisted and turned every time she moved, even this image is a bit destorted. Well never mind, she loved it, and I think it turned out fine. What do you guys think? Apart from the redness?;)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2rq15de.jpg

Wyki

Looks great Lennart. :mrgreen: I like it. Nice tones in it. The red goes fast so its all good. ;)

JDawnPearls

I like the Raven and the Skull. I am not a tattoo artist yet so I can’t comment on the technical side with the machine, but artistically I would have added a little for round shading and maybe a color for “pop”…. is that the term we all use now?

Infamous
      Participant

I wouldn’t worry about the terms JDawn, as long as we all know what you mean you’ll be fine.

I am confused about the Raven and the Skull bit though… I think you might’ve commented on the wrong topic somehow.

I have no critique on this, I think it looks great

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks good dude
      pretty good job on the shading
      it looks like you rushed the line work though especially within the runes. unless you were going for a shaky look for th erunes to have them have that chiseled in look
      all in all a good tat bro
      the nordic religion is one that is near and dear to me :3

Lennart82
      Participant

@Wyki wrote:

Looks great Lennart. :mrgreen: I like it. Nice tones in it. The red goes fast so its all good. ;)

Yeah I know, its just temp, but still cant wait for it to clear up :D

@JDawnPearls wrote:

I like the Raven and the Skull. I am not a tattoo artist yet so I can’t comment on the technical side with the machine, but artistically I would have added a little for round shading and maybe a color for “pop”…. is that the term we all use now?

Thanks, and yes the term is pop or…. I dont know. But still have plans on doing more to it. But my brother (who I did it on) is a bit…. squeemish.

And thanks Infamous :D

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

looks good dude
      pretty good job on the shading
      it looks like you rushed the line work though especially within the runes. unless you were going for a shaky look for th erunes to have them have that chiseled in look
      all in all a good tat bro
      the nordic religion is one that is near and dear to me :3

Thanks Ram, I didnt rush the runes actually, those were in fact pretty hard to do that way.
      That religion is just way awesome.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Jdawn the term you’re looking for i think is a pop colour which is basically what you said haha

yeah i just noticed the runes on the bottom right have some shading to them so i assume the rune work isnt done yet
      the stone work on the stone itself looks rad though :D

Lennart82
      Participant

yes, needs a little more shadings on the runes, but the hour was late, and at some point, I could actually sweer I heard her snooring ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yeah after a second look i understood why things were done the way they were :P

Lennart82
      Participant

If you want to know the future, look back to the very beginning. :ugeek:

Just wanted to show you people, my very first tattoo, done on practise skin. Just bring all you got on it.
      When first I got contacted by my mentor way back when. I imagined that, well we should just talk about the tattoo world, what was what and so on, the first day I arrived at her studio. Maybe teach me something about the machine or something.
      But she had other plans, she wanted to see what I could do. And if I had any kind of idea how to do a tattoo.
      Then she placed me in front of a practise skin, she rigged the machine up, and told me to do a couple of lines. Well okay then.
      She didn’t say anything about those lines and curves I did, but she stopped me, and turned the skin over. Went over to her flash books, turn the pages, and suddenly said; This one. She made a stencil, and placed it on the skin. Told me to do this.
      I was like; “hmmm Okey… but shouldn’t I start smaller? A star? A little sign?” Nope this one:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ik8kg.jpg

She looked at it, didnt say anything at first, but then she said. “next Monday, you come back with a design you want on your self!” And I was like; “WHAT THE…….K!” I found a simple piece I would like to do. A sign of Leo. And then the day came. She looked at my design, and said no, to easy. Do more details.
      Uhm, Okey….. So I went over to her desk and started inscribing my birthday.
      Still not detailed enough, but Okey lets see you do it.
      And of course I was nervous as hell. But I made this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/30ksinq.jpg

Sorry about the poor cell phone camera, couldn’t find my real camera ;) This was my very first tattoo on real skin. And the first I did on myself, and to be honest, its the best piece on my (Yes the rest is really crap)
      Basically, this is how was introduced to the world of tattoos, and this is how I started.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

haha awesome dude
      my first tat was definitely nothing like that :P
      i ended up wiping my stencil away and freehanding half the tattoo haha
      great first jobs bro!
      natural talent ;)

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks man :D

I was very carefull not to removed the stencil though. Got a few tips from watching Tom Spaulding’s guide also ;) So I wasent all that lost. But still pretty fricking nervous as hell. And heard that every tattooist has his/her own style, so didnt know if it would help or make it worse ;)

Lennart82
      Participant

Since I did the rune stone, All I have done was writting… Which is boring imo.

This one is my very first foot print tattoo.
      This was done when the owner of the small foot was 17 days old.

http://i44.tinypic.com/51dlhh.jpg

The gradient is a bit hard to see, but once its healed up, all the fine details will rise.
      This guys skin was thight… I mean, really thight. Couldnt even stretch just a little bit, had to change needle 2 times.

JDawnPearls

Lenn,

I love how your mentor threw you into the water (and started you on yourself). She didn’t boat you with compliments but tested you after she saw you are an artist. That alone is a big compliment.

I am very happy to see that !!

Lennart82
      Participant

Huh…. Never thought of it that way…
      JDawn, your an eyeopener today :D

JDawnPearls

I am having my morning coffee before the kids wake up…… that is usually the biggest help. :-) glad you are happy.

Lennart82
      Participant

Ahh the timezone difference.
      I am just about to go home from work :D And have a nice loooooong weekend :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

cute little footy :P
      i hate doing such simple tattoos. it makes me a sad panda, but that’s what brings in the monies! sadly D:
      looks good though duder :3

Lennart82
      Participant

Just found my camera, with pictures of tattooes :D Yay me.

This one, on my mother actually. She had this rose, really faded in a bad way. And I gave it a touch up.
      This is before
      http://i39.tinypic.com/2a5axz5.jpg

And this is after. First time actually ever doing a colour tattoo. Ink used; StarBrite
      http://i44.tinypic.com/34rja6b.jpg

And this one, I did on my girlfriend. A really annoying client. ;) And actually a really annoying…… No challenging tattoo. The sign of gimini. And the two lines has to be as parallel as humanly possible. And she was a bit sensitive in this area.
      http://i43.tinypic.com/258tnch.jpg

Lennart82
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

cute little footy :P
      i hate doing such simple tattoos. it makes me a sad panda, but that’s what brings in the monies! sadly D:
      looks good though duder :3

This was actually a lot different then what I usually do… I am getting lettering, names, quotes, birthdays and so on…. So this was a big relief :D

I just want a guy/girl, coming up to me and says; I have a free arm, I dont care, give me your art.. And I would go; YEEEEEEEAHH BABY…. :mrgreen:

Finally got a good picture of this one.
      This is my buddy, he was my first test subject, when I was being mentored.
      Now the story goes; he wasent my first choice. But my first choice got sick, she had a flower in mind. So my buddy stepped in on a half hour notice.

He had a design of a small moon he wanted on his left shoulder. But this moon was a photoshop picture with alot of shine effects and so. Mentor said no, this will not be a good tattoo, it will fade with time and look like something wierd thing. So what then? We needed to find a new design for him, and quickly. He always wanted a tree on his back, and he found this design in the flash books. I was like; Uhm second tattoo on real skin…. He wanted a small moon…. He found this;

http://i41.tinypic.com/20horgz.jpg

And it took about five hours. Damn I was excited and tried at the same time. Especially for my second tattoo on real skind.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

that looks great dude!

and yeah ive had that but then bitches never show up to let me do whatever I want on them :P

JDawnPearls

I like the tattoos you did and the coverup on the rose was well done. It looks clean and finished. You know I’m officially a fan, now. right?

Lennart82
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

that looks great dude!

and yeah ive had that but then bitches never show up to let me do whatever I want on them :P

Yes, I cant believe that they will bale out ;)

@JDawnPearls wrote:

I like the tattoos you did and the coverup on the rose was well done. It looks clean and finished. You know I’m officially a fan, now. right?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

i know right?!
      its a free sleeve nigga
      i want to do a freehand back piece
      like whole back
      36hr sitting
      no sleep

JDawnPearls

Ramen you sound addicted. LOL – I’d love to see it when you’re done.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I am addicted :P
      to receiving AND doing tattoos XD
      i could tattoo all day every day and still not be satiated!

Lennart82
      Participant

To do a tattoo is an addiction… Remember my first tattoo on another person….. I didnt want to stop, even though it was running at 3 am :D

JDawnPearls

GETTING a tattoo is an addiction. I don’t have many, but I can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t imagine my obsession when I start making them… oh lord!

Lennart82
      Participant

Its a whole new way of making art. :D

Lennart82
      Participant

Darn it. What a night/evening.

So I did this cross tattoo. A stick cross, two lines and no more…. Of caurse I just ran out of my 9 liners.. And had to use a 5 liner….. I’m not doing that again.
      I think I have found my kryptonite; Strait lines done with a 5RL… When using a 7 or 9, imo more needles equals more strait lines.
      Only after I finished the tattoo, it came to me, that I could have use a flat instead….. Stupid me…..
      Sorry I didnt got any pictures. But I think you can imagine it. Strait line down, strait line across… ;)

To night, I will be tackling my third colour tattoo. And I will take pictures :D

Infamous
      Participant

Can’t wait to see it

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

i heard this story already on fbook :P

Lennart82
      Participant

Not fair Ram, it was a secret ;) Nahh joking

Well here it is guys. My third battle with a colour tattoo.
      This time using starbrite colours.

3 Butterflyes.
      Green one: Startet with a green, then mixed it with yellow, and giving it a yellow/white mix highlight.
      Blue one: Startet with dark blue, then babyblue, and the white.
      Red/pink one; Same, startet with blood red, then mixed bubblegum pink, ending in a white highlight.

http://i40.tinypic.com/x26ukn.jpg

Fun fact; She couldnt find any butterflyes on the web she liked. SO, these designs are from….. Toilet paper ;)

What you guys think?
      I’m not that satisfied actually…. :cry:

JDawnPearls

I saw it on FB as well. ;-) hehe – and I like it. I love colorful butterflies. Good Job.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

great job dude :D
      TPflies are the bestest <3

Infamous
      Participant

lol Toilet Paper? Awesome, lol sometimes the best designs come from the weirdest places. I bet there is a guy out there somewhere that finally feels his artwork is being appreciated now that its been made into a tattoo, rather than everyone seeing it and immediately wiping their butt with it LOL

I really like the color of these and I think you did a great job, if anything I would have given them some more details as butterflies usually have some pretty neat designs on the back of their wings. But, if the client didn’t want that then yeah, these look pretty great

Lennart82
      Participant

thanks guys :)
      Yeah inspiration comes when you least expect it. ;)

She wanted them this simple though. Could have been a great challenge with more details.
      But fun mixing the colours actually :)

Infamous
      Participant

Yeah, thats what I was thinking :) I like the colors I think you did very well on coming up with some good blends

Lennart82
      Participant

I just got put on a challenge. A client wants The Vitruvian Man on his lower leg……

Oh My….. What a pressure… A perfect squar, and a perfect circle. In the middle a naked man drawn by da Vinci….. :o

Whats your take on this? How would you go about doing The Vitruvian Man? I cant use a ruler or a pair of compasses on skin can I???

Darn it… I hate perfect circles and perfect lines… They dont exist in nature…. :cry:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the odd thing is I find i do circles and straight lines easier with a machine than with a pencil without a ruler haha

JDawnPearls

That is tough. Your stencil has got to be good and you gotta go slow obviously, but man – I think what would work (only because I think only about how I would draw it) is to tattoo the man first and use him as a helpful reference for the perfect circle and square. Since the shapes touch the corners of his image – you can take it one step at a time. ??????

Lennart82
      Participant

@JDawnPearls wrote:

That is tough. Your stencil has got to be good and you gotta go slow obviously, but man – I think what would work (only because I think only about how I would draw it) is to tattoo the man first and use him as a helpful reference for the perfect circle and square. Since the shapes touch the corners of his image – you can take it one step at a time. ??????

Well, yes, take it slowly, one step at a time, then well… Just nervous I think, since its that iconic drawing. Want it to be perfect ;)

Okey, back to showing you guys tattoos ;)

This one is actually a bit old at this moment, did it back in June. And I have no explanation what so ever, on why I have forgotten this one.

Its a Truck logo Scania.

I did this one in tribal… (Hey that might be the reason, I don’t like doing tribal) Well this was kind of fun. All those small parts. Standing alone and close-up, they look like nothing, but together and from afar they form a picture. (Just like Monet :D) SO what you think?

http://i40.tinypic.com/2u8jmol.jpg

On another story, yesterday, my girlfriend and I started talking tattoos. And all of a sudden, she knew what she wanted to get. A flower tree, coming from just above the butt, and turning to her side, and ending just below the breast. She did mention it many times. But yesterday, we took it to the next level and started doing it.

I had to do an all freehand drawing, directly on the skin, of the tree, the flowers were so simple I didn’t even need a guideline to them.

The inspiration I had, was a cherry blossom tree I once saw on a kitchen wall. ;)
      I did the tree trunk, all finished, and left bare spots for the flowers. Now when I came around to her ribs, she started, more or less to wince in agony. Never before have I witnessed a person wince this much. We had to take 4 breaks. It was only a problem under her breast. So those flowers there are on hold. Finished the back part, and that went fairly Okey. The flowers, I had the idea of doing them without liner, and making white/pink peddles. So what you think?

http://i44.tinypic.com/34xlyd4.jpg

I plan on shading the trunk down and out. But we had to call it a day. Next time I think we need some numbing cream or something. Otherwise we’ll never be done ;)

Lennart82
      Participant

Any one??? Okey, I will up my game then ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

i really like the tree one, but its hard to see the flowers D:

Tribal isnt my cup of tea, but it is super solid

Infamous
      Participant

I’m gonna guess that because the flowers aren’t there yet :?

I like that bird, thats a nice bird

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the flowers are there. you can see the swelling of two of them.

Lennart82
      Participant

Ahh, yes, sorry about that. Ha. Just took a picture of the whole thing, just to let you guys see the possition of things. I did take a seperate picture of the flowers.
      And here they are.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2le5u39.jpg

Mind you, this was taken, at the same time as the previous. And there is a bit of swelling. ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

oh are they white?
      also thanks for posting that pic
      you can really see the detail in the tree
      in the othe rone it looks solid black to me

Lennart82
      Participant

Yeah, first time experimenting with white like this. But plan on giving them a very thin line of thinned out black, just to define them a bit.

And yes the tree has solid black, and then I cut it, no gradient, and switched to a greyish which I then mixed white in. :D

Infamous
      Participant

Man, that tree looks way better close up lol much more detail. Those flowers might still blend in with the skin a little too much though :?

Lennart82
      Participant

Yeah I figured they would do that. Thats why I plan on giving them a little dark lines, just so they woundt fade ;)

Infamous
      Participant

Good plan. lets see it!

Lennart82
      Participant

Okey….

Now I have done my first ever portrait on human skin.

And I am actually a bit proud, considering, I never tried this before. And the guy who helped me, was informed that he was a totally test person.
      I had to experiment on what worked and what didnt work.
      Which needle was best for the job (Used liner, shader and mags. had 5 machines hooked op, and switch all the time)

Now the portrait, it was done on the thigh of the guy (the picture his moms) And ofcourse its curved a bit, thats why her face looks a bit langated then on the picture.
      So what do you guys think, giving the surcumstances?

http://i40.tinypic.com/6hs076.png

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Very good for oyur first portrait! :D
      the only thing I’d say is pay more attention to the photo. you did a lot of the shading out of you rhead, and the hair is just solid black by the looks of the photo.
      looks like you also missed the little highlight in the right side eye
      and the zipper under her chin
      great job for your first try though!
      i could never do a portrait haha :3
      im proud of you buddy

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks.
      the zippet is missing on purpose. It was the face i concentrated on.
      and damn it wasent easy.
      the hair has alot of details actually ;) but the lighting on the picture is bad. I cant wait until it heals up.

And want to do another one very soon.

Lennart82
      Participant

New tattoo done this morning. My first skin rip (I tried alot of different combos with the ripping, need more practise I guess)

4 hour session until now. And perhaps two hours to go. (the client had to stop)
      Its not finished, its work in progress. But I thought you should see this ;)
      The lines I made were done VERY thin, on the brinck of just being bloodlines. I didnt want bold lines here.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2d95q3q.jpg

JDawnPearls

I seriously love this snake. You are doing so well.

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks. :D :D
      I really cant wait for him to come back. So I can finish this :D

Lennart82
      Participant

Another work in progress. (Really getting those cool ones at the moment lol )
      After 4 hours we had to call it a day. I had to get up for work, and he had to get up for work.

YES the writing SUCKS at this moment. But they can, and will be corrected next time. This was the dudes first tattoo, and a bit nervous I might say. Had to tell him to keep breathing slowly.
      He almost hyperventilated when I started, and his chest pounded away. :P

Well here it is, an American Fireman. The plan is to keep building up the body in the shading way. The axe head, will be red. And to finish it completely of, white highlights will be placed.
      The background, there is this cross of some sort. That will be black, as well as the letters. (That’s why I’m not that concerned with them , they will be corrected.

http://i42.tinypic.com/j62x5v.jpg

The back, background, will be a flaming inferno (Never did flames yet, but how hard can it be lol)

What you think? And there’s a good 3 hours left in it. ;)

JDawnPearls

Good Job buddy!!! I love the flame idea.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks good dude :3
      as you said hte script is pretty jacked
      but no much you can do with a fidgety client

Lennart82
      Participant

You should have seen him… I was annoyed but inside I was laughing out :P

But I think I can fix the writing with my mag. ;)

Oh man, tomorrow I’m doing the Leonardo man….. Kind of nervous of that whole mathematic scale of that piece. And ofcourse the perfect circle. I will skip the squar, since he didnt mention it, and on the photo he sendt, the squar isent on ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

haha good luck bro im stoked for you!
      cant wait to see it :3

Lennart82
      Participant

Okey…. I didnt do the Leonardo…. It was his girlsfriend, who wanted to surprise the guy, with a tattoo. But she completely missed his intentional idea. He didnt want that, he wanted a scale, with mind over body symbols in the cups…
      Now this is by far the wierdest breach in communication between a man and his girlfriend….
      So…. no tattoos yesterday….. :cry:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

aw thats no good D:

Infamous
      Participant

Aw man, I was looking forward to that one

Lennart82
      Participant

Fireman done. Now only needs the flames in the background

http://i43.tinypic.com/15hbfch.jpg

The script on the bottom part sucks. I told him, it would be too small, and that we should make it bigger. He wouldnt have it. So this is what I had to work with. You cant see it, but I did some greyish highlights on the letters below, in hopes of getting them apart.

What you think about the man in the middle? :D

Infamous
      Participant

That part is excellent, in my opinion. Are you planning on doing the flames in full color?

Lennart82
      Participant

Yub in full colour :)

Infamous
      Participant

Thats gonna look amazing, I can’t wait to see what you do with it

Lennart82
      Participant

A bit o’ letters, scrambled together, forming a name… A last name for that matter.

Well, this one… I dont know what happend, but the ink just flew in this guy. And thats a bit wierd, since his skin…. Oh my.. I think I streched it five inches… (I am ofcourse kidding) But I have never seen so elastic skin on such a skinny guy.

I asked him, if we should curve the name, but he wanted it strait… So….. Thats why…

Lennart82
      Participant

No one has anything for the script here???? :cry:

Well maybe this one then.
      This was a freebie for a buddy of mine.
      And we only need the writing; “Winter is Coming” (I suspect you already know what it is, even before you press the link :P )

http://i42.tinypic.com/2i4701.jpg

I tried to do a bit more to the sigil instead of just keeping it all lined. I wanted to give it some dimension. Okey its very red, I agree. Waiting for it to settle down and get a better picture.
      The eye, he wanted it ice blue, instead of the traditional red.
      What do you think?

Infamous
      Participant

Looks amazing Lenn

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks good dude

the only thing i can say about it is its facing the wrong way D:

Infamous
      Participant

I guess in tattoo terms it should be facing forward, but that is the correct direction for that sigil

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I always think in terms of the tattoo. Backwards facing tattoos arent as aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and it can really throw off the body part.

Infamous
      Participant

Perhaps it should’ve gone on the other arm :?

Lennart82
      Participant

Hmmm yeah… Now that you mention it, I can see what you mean.

The guy wanted it on that arm, didnt see that coming actually.

Lennart82
      Participant

Finished this last night.
      Turned out okey, but I had problems getting a good strecth on the stick part of this feather. Placement, on the forearm back side. Close to the elbow. And it was at the closest to the elbow I had problems getting the black in….

well tell me what you think :D

Infamous
      Participant

Well I certainly can’t tell from the picture that you had any troubles with it

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks great dude from design to execution. you really cant tell you had any problems at all. :3
      good work

Lennart82
      Participant

Thanks guys :D

By the way, I actually stole an idea from Spider… Sorry man :( But its a good idea, and no one in my area does it:
      Ink girls :D

This one be my very first Ink Girl

And totally boosted my facebook page. Got more likes then ever on a single picture. :D

So what do you guys think of this idea? I mean.. It works like a charm :P

Infamous
      Participant

I love the idea! I think I’m gonna steal it too lol, but not until I’m a little bit better at what I do

Lennart82
      Participant

Fireman is done.

First time mixing colours to get a kind of flame effect. Well first time ever doing flames in a tattoo.
      Actually its more like an explosion, then actual flames. But hey :P

So what do you think??

The guy loved it, and gave me a tip :shock: Thats a thing very rare in my country. We NEVER tip. Anyone…

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks great dude :D

Viewing 114 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan