• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      boot3rs
      Participant

Its me again hope Im not annoying anyone yet, Im full of questions for knowledge so bare with me.

They say when you set the up your needle you should not see it coming out of the tube when the machine is not running, but when you press the a bar down it should come out to a dime or nickel or whatever preference you like. Ok I set it to where I want it my pressing the A bar down. But when I run the machine it comes out of the tube different lengths depending on the voltage? If im doing shading I set the voltage low and the needle does not come out to where I want it. In this case when I set up the needle (When not running) should I set the needle to stick out of the tube so that when it runs it comes out to the length I want.

I do not just want to turn up the voltage to achieve the depth because it then runs to fast.

Sincerly, the annoying question Monster

Hope my question makes since, it almost confused me.

Viper65

Your in the right direction.
      When you set up your machine, try this:
      once you get the needle and set up how you like and its protruding about a nickel/dime (whatever) out of your machine with the A bar depressed, run the machine and put your thumb gently on the A-bar, notice the machine bogging down a bit? look at where the needle is when that machine is bogging down and make your necessary adjustments from there, if its only coming out a little bit then adjust the tube to where you want it. By putting a finger/thumb on the Abar your seeing how its going to run when bogging down in the skin and able to adjust the needle depth a little better that way. Theres a big difference in running a machine in your hand and running one in the skin…
      Hope it helps. ;)

TexasPT

http://www.youtube.com/user/TATTOOTRAINING#p/u/31/Rxep2dy4hWs

watch ALL this guy’s videos…you’ll be glad you did.

Mark

boot3rs
      Participant

thanks

leena

Set your needle. A tattoo needle needs to stick out of the machine tube about o.8 mm to 1.6 mm. These measurements will vary from person to person, as everyone’s body is different. Your needle and tube need to match; if you are using a three-needle , you must also use a three-needle tube.

I run mine so i can see it while im working. always keep in mind that you must not go too deep. i have practiced the art of riding the tip. after you do a few and see how they heal, you will know. the dermis layer is where u want the pigment to go. diff spots on the body call for diff methods. practice, practice. *BTW* I used my own skin for the ultimate in practice, to see the healing. only work on a client when u get it right first. old school.

Jbeaufosho

It’s not necessary to set up your machine that way. I hang about a dimes width past the tip when the a bar is in the relaxed position. I saw my work improve dramatically when I stopped riding the tube. But everyone is different. You just gotta find what works for you. Just know that there’s no one set way to set your shit up. It’s all about learning to set your hand to achieve proper depth instead of relying on the tube to do it for you. Once you get used to the proper depth you’ll be able to feel it when you’re where you should be. Again, everybody is different, but don’t be afraid to experiment (preferrably not on clients) but you should be able to get a good solid line with very little pressure once you’ve found a good set up and assuming your machine is running correctly.

MayhemInk

The nickel dime thing isn’t set in stone. just use it as a starting point. then when you press the a bar down see how much throw you have then start your machine and adjust the voltage up until your machine is reaching this full throw, then usually turn up about a half more volt. then touch the a bar with your thumb to bog the machine down and look at the throw again, the depth or throw should change just a little little bit. if it doesn’t then then the voltage is too high if it bogs down to much then its too low. Remember your throw changes speed not volts. if it’s running to fast for you then back the contact screw out and the speed (hz) will go down. Then repeat all the above until you have it where you want it. If you find you have to really turn up your volts to get your machine to kick in then check and make sure you don’t have to much of a bend in your rear spring. every machine is different and the coils aren’t as good of some as others and if there is too much tension on a spring with lesser coils you will have to crank the volts to get it to kick in. And then its usually hitting really hard. Tuning a machine can be stressful especially when you haven’t figured out what works best for you yet. hope this helps get you started

Anonymous
      Inactive

The needle and the depth of the tube should be quite barring one they will make an very essential one.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan