• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ic3qu33n

I just really started to get into the idea of Flash… I havent really figured out much for mediums or anything yet, I am looking into tips, things I should buy art wise for completing them but so far I have a stack of unorganized sketches to put together… Here is my newest idea. I kind of wanted to go with the Sailor Jerry in a modern fashion…. I’m working on the bullets… my one looks OK but the other just looks like fat lil penis to me :roll:

Couldnt post my pic on here bc my camera apparently takes up to much room and goes over the MegaPixel limit… :twisted:
      So heres the wonderful damn TinyPic

ic3qu33n

Heres a pic I took from my phone (low quality)
      http://t.co/pB3RPmNX

B Daddy

Just my $.02 as far as working on flash goes…

Lightly sketch your idea with any pencil you feel comfortable it will be tempting to “sculpt” your lines with the pencil, but resist that temptation. You don’t want to have to erase too much when do your lining.

Line out your drawing with black ink. The actual tool is up you. I prefer a Flair pen. You can vary line width without too much effort. I used to use a Pilot which are nice but you need a few different widt

Erase all your pencil lines and start your color. I prefer working it like (I image) a real tatto. I fill color with small circles and build the color up. Not much to tell you here, you’ll have to develop your style through trial and error. And oh yeah, Prismacolor FTW. They are expensive but the pigment in these things are worth the price. Markers aren’t a bad choice if you prefer those.

Start with small pieces about the size of a playing card. You can develop techniques that will carry over to larger pieces. One last tip I can offer is if you are planning on doing tattoos eventually, is to attach your pens to a machine to train your hand. (Sadly) you can get a machine cheaper than your colored pencils on eBay.

B

ic3qu33n

@B Daddy wrote:

Just my $.02 as far as working on flash goes…

Lightly sketch your idea with any pencil you feel comfortable it will be tempting to “sculpt” your lines with the pencil, but resist that temptation. You don’t want to have to erase too much when do your lining.

Line out your drawing with black ink. The actual tool is up you. I prefer a Flair pen. You can vary line width without too much effort. I used to use a Pilot which are nice but you need a few different widt

Erase all your pencil lines and start your color. I prefer working it like (I image) a real tatto. I fill color with small circles and build the color up. Not much to tell you here, you’ll have to develop your style through trial and error. And oh yeah, Prismacolor FTW. They are expensive but the pigment in these things are worth the price. Markers aren’t a bad choice if you prefer those.

Start with small pieces about the size of a playing card. You can develop techniques that will carry over to larger pieces. One last tip I can offer is if you are planning on doing tattoos eventually, is to attach your pens to a machine to train your hand. (Sadly) you can get a machine cheaper than your colored pencils on eBay.

B

Thanks you’ve noted a few things I don’t do yet… Some things I’ve started to figure out, starting with pencil, trying to be light as possible… I’ve even started getting over the “obsession” to want to sculpt my lnes with them. I’ve gotten to erase all my pencil before I start coloring. Ive found for blending purposes I prefer colored pencils. I’ve considered getting these supplies to just start and see how they work for me A Black Copic Marker for lining, and I found a pack of “Scholar Prismacolor Pencils” a pack of 12 on ebay for $8 w free shipping… seems like a good deal.

Note: They also have a set of 24 for 15, a set of 48 for 25 and a set of 60 for 31… Not sure which to invest in!!

It seems like this would be best to start and try first? I dont want to throw all my $ down in the toilet and find they arent my shit if you know what I mean.. Then I got to flush it … I think I might look into a flair pen too as well since you mentioned it and it shouldnt be too much more…

For right now I’ve been using just some cheap colored pencils, and sharpies, from the small pen size and up. They’ve worked pretty well but I know my game will be much more happy if I get something else…

Ive been tattooing for a while but the whole flash idea like I said is still really new too me.. Even though I do custom tattoos. I dont like to copy or trace anything.. I just think it would be benefiting me much more if I started doing Flash on a regular basis not to mention I could probably make some $ on the side doing it once I got good at it.

ic3qu33n

I also noticed A.C. Moore has their colored pencils for 1.88 a piece…. I think getting the scholar starter set and then adding on through the individual colors would be the best option?

ic3qu33n

Also heres something I drew up last night… I been trying to get a palm tattoo in my portfolio so Ive been advertising on my FB page… thought I’d throw a few ideas at my friends…

Wanted to upload my scanned sheet but its too big so heres another crappy phone pic…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan