• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      voodoo

http://www.tatsoulspearman.com/store/index.php
      Get some free samples from them and see what ya think!

I am currently using these needles – pretty good, and very nice price as well –
      I got mine FEDEX fast too!
      Also picked up my 370 TatSoul Chair as well as the $260 artists chair…
      very SOLID gear – heavy duty stuff…
      I love it

coatl

Hey I posted this somewhere else but this seems a better place. What’s the advantage/disadvantage of curved mags as opposed to regular mags. Are they particularly useful in certain applications?

curved mags are better for looser skin as they allow for more “bounce” and dont “catch” the skin

@coatl wrote:

Hey I posted this somewhere else but this seems a better place. What’s the advantage/disadvantage of curved mags as opposed to regular mags. Are they particularly useful in certain applications?

Curved mags will give you softer edges when you are shading. You can work faster and blend easier (my opinion) than w/ flat ones.

Flat ones are better for hitting corners.
      I will often line a whole tattoo w/ a flat mag then fill it in.

Just preference – you have to play with all the types of needles until you find your groove.

Flat mags should NOT snag the skin anymore than curved.

Loose skin = you are not stretching it enough while tattooing!

Pickup Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo!

samchamp59

This is such a terrific sources that you are offering and you supply it away for limp. I like seeing websites that value the realize of imparting a circumstances sources for limp.
      hudco

FrancoLewis

The real reason for curved mags are, if you imagine pressing down on the skin it will make a curve in the skin and so the very end needles will stick into the skin so they made the curved mag to suite the curve in the skin, they are really good for shading and the most common seem to be 7 or 9 curve mags.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan