• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      hillboy34

HI IM NEW WITH THE ART OF TATTOOING I PURCHASED A KIT FROM PIRATE TATTOO AND FROM STUDYINNG I FOUND OUT THAT ITS PRETTY MUCH CHINESE MADE EQUIPMENT. I RECENTLY BOUGHT A STORM A100 ROTARY ANY OTHER SUGGESTINGS

K.Campbell

Hi Hillboy,

As someone who is also trying to get a start I don’t know all there is to know about this industry. However, there are a few things I’ve found that have educated me on it immensely.
      My first suggestion is to not use all capitals (caps lock) when posting on the internet, e-mailing, or for communication in general. I’m not trying to be a dick, but most times people will feel like you’re yelling or just don’t have any computer skills when you type in all caps. Secondly, if you haven’t already, buy “Basic fundamentals of modern tattoo” by CR Jordan. This book isn’t expensive and answers a majority of the questions newcomers will have. Another great resource I’ve found are PDF files of “Machinegun Magazine”, I believe I found the entire series by searching on the Mike Devries forum. If you’re looking for a good apprentice kit to practice with, http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com offers many options. Just remember not to use these tools on human skin until you are ready (Proper tools/work area, BBP & Cross-contamination certification, and an apprenticeship). You can obtain training in BBP (Blood-bourne pathogens) through the health authority in your country or area. Lastly, draw, draw, draw, trace, read, & look at art (not just tattoo, but all art) as much as you can. This is all the advice I can give you at this point in my journey, good luck!

Kyle

K.Campbell

Oh and Welcome to the forum! :lol:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Welcome

robroy289
      Participant

Welcome

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan