• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      El Lobo Loco

Greetings compadres,

I am a 30 something male living Australia. I have been sniffing around for an apprenticeship in my local area, but so far to no avail. Thats OK, I know its a competitive business, but I do have a couple of decades of fine art and graphic illustration up my sleeve so I guess i’m not starting as an absolute beginner. As a visual artist I work in the “Old School” fashion, that is to say pens, pencils, paper over computers and vector graphic clip-art.

Ultimately I hope to work up to the point where I can operate as a custom artist and perhaps do a bit of trade based travel to pick up skills from artists around the globe. I have been tattooed here in Oz, in the U.K and the U.S by some very reputable artists and always paid very careful attention to their technique.

I’m in the process of getting some professional equipment so I can start to get familiar with the tools of the trade. I found what seems to be a genuinely good wholesaler in the U.S at http://www.monstersteel.com/; does anybody have experience with them at all? Their prices seem really good, and the machinery and supplies are some of the better manufacturers on the market.

I have a gallery of recent work, and works in progress at http://elloboloco.deviantart.com/gallery/. Not a heap up yet, and none of my larger work is represented, but I will be appreciative of any feedback/constructive criticism.

Basically if anybody has any salient advice about this business I’d be really happy to hear it!

Cheers

Coz “El Lobo” Loco ;)

Most professional gear can ONLY be purchased if you work in a studio.
      If a supplier will send it to you – and you do not work in a studio – more than likely it is not top notch
      not saying it is bad…
      it is just not top notch

some artists use Unimax / Superior / WWTat2 / Monster Steele – ect
      and get awesome results…

you should check with your mentor though – NOT ALL TATTOO MACHINES are created equal…
      but even more importantly is the power supply…

YOU MUST HAVE A GOOD POWER SUPPLY
      and to my knowledge there are only 3 or 4 on the market that will get the job done…
      all this is covered in the book Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo – along with my personal recommendations… and experiences

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan