• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Rscotti91
      Participant

I started this piece with a mag but it didn’t feel right or maybe it was cause I’m used to a round shader. I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on shading with a mag? Constructive criticism is always welcome too. Thanks! PS- This pic was taken only 10min after my brother told me he was done for the night.

Rscotti91
      Participant

Just did this outline on myself yesterday.

Rscotti91
      Participant

Another.. Only a 3 days after being started. Any type of criticism welcome. That being good, bad, or constructive. Thanks!

Rscotti91
      Participant

This has gotten 98 views and nobody can give me any type of criticism?

Infamous
      Participant

The skull and the rose look great. I haven’t used a mag yet, but all that comes down to personal preference. If you like the RL’s better just keep using them. For me its the difference between using something like a pen to draw with and a sharpie.

I’m not sure on the heart because the pic is a little blurry. But overall I’d say it looks pretty good. Keep up the good work

Rscotti91
      Participant

Thanks, Infamous. I’m doing another skull this week sometime for my dads friend. The drawing is wicked, and it’s my own custom, one of a kind just like those tattoos. I try to do my own thing, all original. I use the round shaders but I want to cause less trauma, that’s the whole point, to do the least amount of trauma. It might take me 2hrs to do a piece with a RL and RS. But if I could do a piece with a RL and Mag1 or just a Mag1, then it might only take me an hr to hr. and a half.

Infamous
      Participant

I agree that Mags cause less trauma and are faster but I’d say if your quality suffers from using them don’t use them. Do your best work on the clients, and your experimental work on practice skins, a melon, or even yourself. When you get comfortable using the mag in practice then it may be time to bust it out on a client. Until then, stay away from using anything your unfamiliar with.

Personally I stick with the RL’s and RS’s because I am comfortable with them, and I’m pretty light handed anyways so the trauma is kept to a minimal

Rscotti91
      Participant

Yeah I get what you’re saying but I tried a 7mag1 on my little brother, he insisted. lol He’s like my guinea pig for tattooing. I was actually practising today on some practice skins, did fairly well and got the idea of the whip technique within a half an hour or so. Going to get some pig skin and practice more, cause I’d definitely to use mags more often.

Rscotti91
      Participant

C’mon guys and gals, I need input. You can’t tell me with over 200 views that no one has any criticism. Please and thank you.
      R.Scotti

Shaggy

@Rscotti91 wrote:

C’mon guys and gals, I need input. You can’t tell me with over 200 views that no one has any criticism. Please and thank you.
      R.Scotti

For some reason I can’t see the images… shows a broken link symbol and when I click on it, it says “image no longer available”

Rscotti91
      Participant

OK, try these links out….
      Pictures go from the oldest to most recent.
      Criticism is welcome, please and thank you!
      R.Scotti

ratmonkey

The skull is pretty nice. The monster lines look nice. Keep up the good work! Still waiting on my power supply, can’t wait to get started.

Rscotti91
      Participant

Thanks ratmonkey!!! (: My little brother has no pain tolerance so I didn’t get to finish it. As with the heart that’s across from the skull.

Infamous
      Participant

Y’know, I have absolutely no idea if it really works or not but you could try this stuff called “Dr. Numb” I’ve heard that its supposed to numb the skin so you can hardly feel anything when getting a tattoo. Since he has such a low pain tolerance. Not to expensive either, I think they sell it at Wal-Mart.

I wouldn’t use it on myself, because I feel like the pain is part of getting a tattoo.

I really like the Monster logo one, wouldn’t mind getting that somewhere myself

Rscotti91
      Participant

Yeah, I know about some of those numbing ointments, but my little brother is stubborn and doesn’t want to use them. hahaa
      I agree, all that pain or very little pain depending on the person, is all part of getting a tattoo.
      But when it’s all said and done, it’s definitely worth it.
      Thanks, Infamous!!! (:

angie

nice work :) your lines are clean :)

love the heart !!

Rscotti91
      Participant

Thank you, Angie! (:
      Here is the original drawing of it.
      I have to hit some of the lines over, but I’m happy with how it is, so far.

angie

wow :) looks like your bro is gonna have to bit in something lol

freaking awesome design!!

Shaggy

Nice… line weight looks consistent on everyone of them, don’t notice any blowouts or anything. Monster logo looks very crisp, and it appears you are building up some varying line weights on the skull. Personally I think varying line weights really add depth and dimension to a tattoo.

Awesome job!

Rscotti91
      Participant

@angie wrote:

wow :) looks like your bro is gonna have to bit in something lol
      freaking awesome design!!

haha, yeah I think so. Thanks, Angie! That’s my own original art, I draw all custom designs.

@Shaggy wrote:

Nice… line weight looks consistent on everyone of them, don’t notice any blowouts or anything. Monster logo looks very crisp, and it appears you are building up some varying line weights on the skull. Personally I think varying line weights really add depth and dimension to a tattoo.

Awesome job!

Thanks, for the input Shaggy!!! Yeah, trying too. haha I definitely agree though, varying line weights do add depth to anything, including drawings, paintings etc. I’m doing another skull with a top hat for my dads drummer. I designed it custom for their band logo and came up with band name, I’ll post a pic shortly of the drawing. (:

Rscotti91
      Participant

The top hat is all a nice dark purple but looks like blue cause of my crappy cell pic.
      Oh and btw I just started doing color a couple months ago so I’m not that good…yet! lol
      Let me know what you think.
      R.Scotti

Wyki

Monster outlines look nice.. very clean. The skull with the tophat looks nice aswell.. I really like it.. The heart with the wing looks awesome but I think its missing something, but I’m not the artist of the piece so ;) keep up the good work.

Rscotti91
      Participant

@Wyki wrote:

Monster outlines look nice.. very clean. The skull with the tophat looks nice aswell.. I really like it.. The heart with the wing looks awesome but I think its missing something, but I’m not the artist of the piece so ;) keep up the good work.

Thanks, Wyki! I concur, I think the heart is missing something as well.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan