This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Niel Jordan 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
     masterofnone 

What are we talking about here . Powder base vs pre-dispersed does anybody know??????? Or we just talking ink.

robroy289 
    Participant

just ink in general i think… But since we are on the subject which do you prefer ?

jcarmack 
    Participant

It’s just different marketing wordage. All tattoo inks are formulated from pigments. Some are natural pigments, some are metal oxides, etc., and some are formulated using plastic particles. It all just depends upon the manufacturer of the ink and the brand. All of the big name brands in tattoo inks all have their own “SECRET” formula. It’s really not that hard to get online and find a pigment supplier for artists, etc. and you’ll be able to buy pigments to mix your own inks. It’s really not that hard and is very cost effective. Mixing your own colors can be very rewarding and after you get your own recipes down you’ll definitely save a lot of money.

Anonymous 

:mrgreen: Powder Pigment : Check out Alla-Prima ink- John Montgomery & Joshua Carlton’s Company & National Tattoo supply, They both carry Powder Pigment & Ink. 2 ways to answer this Ink is typically drawing Ink, Like for outlining. & pigment is Color. Also to me the proper way is Powder is the Pigment & can be made into liquid Tattoo ink by a process. You need a Blender, to mix it in. Carrier solution: typically Witch-Hazel or Alcohol or even both plus Sterile Water or Distilled Water,Sterile Water is better IMO & required in NY. Medical Grade Glycerin, Some people also add rose water this helps with redness as does witch-hazel. The glycerin keeps it thick & moist, alcohol & witch-hazel are also good to help with germ & fungus prevention. You will need to blend this then double boil it. Typically the alcohol & witch-hazel are added after the boiling process. Let Cool & bottle. It is messy. But good to see how Ink is made. The Powder can be used by it’s self for special effects on tattoo areas a ” Dusty Effect ” Ala Bill – coat skin with a “light coat ” of A&D ointment. then place powder in shaker & dust lightly over skin. Next run the machine EMPTY (ie) dry no ink or water & lightly go over area where the desired effect is to be placed. This will place some pigment in skin & create the Dusty Effect ! NOTE: Do this on Practice Skin & First several times before trying it on a client or friend. You May also stain the skin after the tattoo is finished by applying a lighter color over the tattooed area. The ink creeps into the holes & mixes with the other color or colors & Stains the area. CAUTION Under Stand Color Theory This is advanced. Next Practice this several times on Practice Skin First, once mastered then you may try it on a client. Re: Cap & More detailed explanation. – You can make your own Ink from Powder Pigment: & a carrier solution – I want to start with the different types of ink first. Understand this & it just gets so much easier. First off there is No FDA approved ink! Next Do not use distilled water for Ink. Its for car batteries. We have used for years: Medical Grade Sterile Water, Medical Grade Glycerin, Witch-Hazel, medical grade rose water.. a mixture of these. Rubbing Alcohol is a no no, Glycerol Alcohol, you use the alcohol that is in Vodka ( gly pro) . Tattoo Ink is not Ink it is a Power Pigment suspended in a carrier solution. The Carrier Solution does 4 things 1.) keeps the ink evenly mixed. 2.) Disinfects. 3.) Provides for even flow for distribution. 4.) Gives the ink its constancy, (ie) Thick, Thin . Thin Inks more Water & or Alcohol, & or Witch-Hazel . Thicker means more Glycerin. Too much glycerin & the Ink become oily. & if you see a crystallization forming on the bottle after it is left out open. typically it is the Alcohol drying out in the air just add some witch hazel & your back in business. Now I have heard some say I left the cap out all night & the ink is still wet. That means its the best. No it means it has less alcohol & more water & mainly Glycerin that will keep it moist. All you need to make ink is listed above. National Tattoo Supply & Alla-Prima Ink Carry Powder Pigment. You will also need sterile bottles to put it in. a Blender to mix it in. ( Not Your Kitchen Blender ). India Ink, Pen Ink, Have all been used in prison & home made Scratchier tattoos . The Powder Pigments Basically Break down into 3 types: 1.) Vegetable Base. 2.) Carbon Base (ie) Metals, Salts, Copper, Nickle, Steel, Lead, etc… 3.) Acrylic or Plastic Based. Now advantages & disadvantages of each : Vegetable Base, Advantage :Organic Less Toxic that’s good this is the best for your clients health. Disadvantage typically does not last as long (ie) fades fast in sun light. Next is the Carbon Based They can still claim ORGANIC – However try & get an MRI with tattoos & guess what Metal in the ink is effected by the Magnets.ALL Black Ink is Carbon Based!!! Some Manufacturers also use carbon based inks in colors. This is why their are so many allergic reactions to some pigments REDS & BLUES. Advantage Carbon last a long time it typically goes in the skin well. Disadvantages Look Above – Health. some of these carbons are TOXIC. Next is Acrylic or Plastic Based pigments: Advantages – Popping Bright Colors, since its an Acrylic (ie) like automotive paint it will generally hold up well. Disadvantages: Health Risk No one knows what is going to happen 20 yrs down the road. However I feel that plastics are used in artificial joints etc in medical procedures. So this to me is not a huge concern. But fact. Also Blending can be an issue for some. ” Now With That Long Winded Explanation, I feel I answered your question. ” Good Luck ! Bill :geek:

Anonymous

Some of the pigmentation which gives an nice linking up and the perfect ink will give an nice result for tattooing.

Niel Jordan 
    Participant

Get bioTouch pigments for your Permanent Makeup at Ashta Europe. BioTouch micro pigments are non-drying, rich, natural colors formulated with superfine particles of iron oxides which are known to be safe for cosmetic use and known to easily absorb into the skin.

Read More : https://ashta.eu/biotouch-pigments/

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Niel Jordan.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Niel Jordan.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2018 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan

Forgot your details?