Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      pix.c

I am new to the possibility of training to be a tattoo artist. I’ve been an artist for.20 years but was always giventhe impression I couldn’t make a living with it, despite natural talent. Before my last tattoo, I brought not only my design to a shop, but all of my work very disorganized. The artist was very impressed so I organized my work professionally and have been drawing daily for over a month now. She has offered me an apprenticeship, and because of my talent and the relationship we’ve formed during my back price, is very flexible with when I am a let to out in time. I got really excited about the prospect, started research on styles, icons and influences.
      But!
      I’m not overly impressed with my tattoos so far! So much as to be hesitant to let her do the next BIG component of my back. I’ve also found out her current apprentice is being pushed to tattoo customers after only a few months A.D. from what I’ve seen, she is not ready …or particularly dedicated in my opinion.
      This is leading me to take the work I’ve been putting into this new career, and searching out a different mentor before I commit myself there. My biggest concern though is finding a mentor that’s willing to train me part time. I know this will increase the time it takes for me to complete an apprenticeship, km willing to work hard and strongly source this is the career for me. I just .red to be able to support myself and my family as I learn.
      Very long story short, could it be possible to complete an apprenticeship part time, even if it means adding a year or more to complete it.
      Thank you!

a formal apprenticeship is difficult – and requires living on ramen noodles!
      You shoudl take any opportunity to learn from any one any time – even if it is part time tattooing.
      Take all the info you can get – and keep drawing!
      Drawing and painting is the key to become a good tattoo artist. Artist first – tattoo second!

Anonymous
      Inactive

learning tattoo is an art and passion so it is has been very necessary for learning its basic quality and this would help you to become an big and famous tattoo artist.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan