• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cys23

Hi,

I am new to tattoos, need some guidance!
      i’m uploading a picture of my first ever tattoo (i’ve done 3 on practice skins so far), and those are the things i am not happy with:
      the outlines i make are faded, not really black. how do i get solid black colour? (needle used 3RL)
      shadings are not solid either…as you can see they are breaking, i get kind of dots effect (needle 09M).

i’d like to ask as well, how do you do shadings, without filling the piece with solid black colour?

i’m aware of my lines not being straight, i just want to get shadings and colour right.

plese help!

robroy289
      Participant

#1 i do not think you can really get real real dark lines in practice skins. Just try going slower or better ink like Intenze lining ink not zupler black. When you do the shading start out with one ink cap (i use #9) full of solid black then with the next put 3 drops and fill to top with dispelled water then another cap 2 drops and fill to top with water then the last cap 1 drop and rest water and stir really good start out lite because its better to be to light than to dark… I hope this helps…

M1k3
      Participant

Dot effect is the practice skin. Ink doesn’t spread in practice skin like it does on flesh. Try pig skin.

Also a 3rl is too small unless your doing super fine line work like portraits. It’s piercing and is easy to go to deep, easier than 5r or 7r which is about the only thing a beginner should be working with. It looks pretty good though. If you did that in skin, it would turn out okay.

Practice skin is cool to get the feel of the machine, but not the feel of skin. The only real practice skin is the skin between your knee and thigh. Or a really gooood, brave friend.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan